Bliesma M74 series 3” dome midrange lineup

What’s really difficult is building a speaker that sounds great everywhere and anywhere; and is smaller and lighter and plays louder (or cleaner) than other speakers, and cheaper too.
Its called a dream... LOL. On a more serious note, the only architecture that has ever pleased me starts with a narrow baffle, as soon as the baffle gets a mentionable width, the soundstage magic goes away, the speaker starts to shout etc.
Narrow baffle example: B&W Nautilus, YG Acoustics Hailey 2.2 ... GR Research NX.. controlled directivity certainly has its value beyond which drivers are used. And then we could add that with dipole function much of the room loading
goes away .. and so forth.

Since few cabinet loudspeakers sound great everywhere and there is a **** load of adjusting and treatments needed, then surely more of the same is not the solution. Its not the drivers like it was mentioned earlier, its what they are placed in or at.

Someone get these to augerpro pronto, we gotta make a DIY KH420 with hypex plate amps

You could do better than Hypex Ncore with the Benchmark amps. Their THD+N is more than -106dB at 1W (independently measured*) but it'll cost you an arm and two legs!
From what I understand the Benchmark is a Class H current dumper (feed forward) design.

*4Ω, 8Ω and bridged measured largely identical. As far as I remember they were measured using 20-20k pink noise.

You could do better than Hypex Ncore with the Benchmark amps. Their THD+N is more than -106dB at 1W (independently measured*) but it'll cost you an arm and two legs!
From what I understand the Benchmark is a Class H current dumper (feed forward) design.

*4Ω, 8Ω and bridged measured largely identical. As far as I remember they were measured using 20-20k pink noise.

No Benchmark amps in this unit. And this is with the DSP and DAC in the signal path as well.

Attachments

• EA7470D3-314C-4281-ACA2-D3281BC02A46.png
    EA7470D3-314C-4281-ACA2-D3281BC02A46.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Stan is willing to give me free replacement drivers if I burn a set out testing.
That's nice for you, but it doesn't help me (or anyone else) determine whether they'll be a worthwhile investment for my project considering I'm on the opposite side of the world.

In God I trust, every one else needs to provide data.

I also think you're mad trying to use small DRs for the sorts of SPLs and distances you're talking about.