BIII with Broskie Unbalancer vs. EE Minimax Plus - My experience

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, in addition to the neohm 50R resistors in the I/V positions, I upgraded about 12 other resistors with a nice quality resistor. I also replaced the coupling caps with Duelund Cu PIO 1 uF coupling caps, which on purchased on sale from Parts Connexion.

I am very pleased with the end result.

Attachments

• 014 (800x511).jpg
    014 (800x511).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 690
Hello everybody, i'm really excited reading this thread, i can't stand in my shoes waiting to build my B III + Unbalancer DAC!
But i'm 1/2 steps behind you and stuck deeply in finding out how to assemble an Unbalancer even starting from Glass-ware PCB... :confused:
Could someone please suggest me all R and C values for an I/V stage Unbalancer for a B IIIse DAC?
I would use JJ ECC802 input and EH 6CG7 output tubes and 2.2/3uF C3 (too much?); a Janus Shunt Regulator to power B+ and Heaters, set to 250/260V and 12.6V.
Just to state one of my problems, i can't figure out R12 correct value to achieve this as i'm not able to quantify the current flow on it. How can i calulate current flow in the Unbalancer?
Thanks to anybody will be so kind to help me! :up:

Thank you, but i'm still a little bit confused about resistors value. I'll find out about R12 values, but i'm not sure about i/v, cathode, anode and CCS resistors for the following tubes i have, to make Unbalancer work well:
- 12BH7
- 6N23P
- 6N2P
I would like to try 30 ohm i/v resistors for the latter, but Broskie's schematic here The Unbalancer shows 34R CCS resistor using 60R i/v resistors: he fears that using 30R i/v resistors, cathode voltage would be too low for CCS to work OK (6N2P has a very low anode current of about 2mA), so what resistors should i use for CCS set and cathode resistors with 30R i/v resistors? 120K for anode is OK?
50 ohm i/v should be OK for 12BH7 and 6N23P, i guess i should use 6.8R CCS and 300R cathode resistors, am i wrong? Then for anode i should stay around 24K for both? Could i lower i/v resistors any more (mostly using 6N23P)?
I will use Unbalancer as a preamp in my system so i would need 2V output at least...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.