BG fullrange driver Ether 6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...do not confuse the SPL balance over the frequency band with the definition of the sound it produces.

Well, thanks to a tip from a buddy, I realized that in the hurry to finish this post (working hours) I had made a rather lame statement above. What I wanted to say was not to confuse the SPL balance over the frequency band on paper... I mean those simple frequency amplitudes that manufactures like Fostex list in their drivers specs PDFs do not tell all that much about the actual performance of the driver and specifically I do not think they reveal how fast a driver responds. Just noticed actually on the Ether chart that Widowmaker posted the Phase is shown. Interesting. I'm not sure how many mainstream manufacturers do that. Well, ultimately I rely on my ears to let me know which driver sounds better.

Well, if i'm wrong, you still got your flame-thrower... :)

Good afternoon.

Going to build a speaker system according to the drawings firm Lowther Voight. Visually pleasing and TP1 and Audiovektor Auditorium.
What advise BG dynamics for these systems, can someone have built these systems?
Or is it better to use these systems dynamics firm Lowther, then what is it?))))

Like system also Lowther Voigt Domestic Corner Horn, but it is not yet the drawings.
Also interested in what amplifiers better suited in this case?

I would be very grateful for the help, Serge

Etheraudio @ Hi-Fi Expo 2014, Sofia, Bulgaria

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Abbssolite Intuition - The Biggest Single Ended Vacuum Tube Amplifier by Etheraudio:

AI_DIMS_GWR_scaled.png

Be very welcome there :p

Dear all,
Long time reader, first time poster here.

In the end of November 2014, a BG Hi-Fi Expo 2014 took place in Grand Hotel, Sofia (Bulgaria).
As last 2 years, me and a couple of ear-thirsty friends attended the event with a great expectations and curiosity about the audio gear the vendors are going to present to the public.

A great number of interesting (and pretty much expensive) audio systems were shown (as expected), but among all the exhibitors my attention was attracted by the products of Etheraudio.

Etheraudio is a Bulgarian brand. More then 30+ years research and development in the audio realm formed their know-how and obviously it was not a loosen time. I had the opportunity to meet the guys behind Etheraudio on the Expo and to use the time for a nice and friendly chat about their unique products. They were surprisingly open to discuss things from the cuisine where the magic happens. All their audio philosophy is based around “the music friendly concept” as they name it.

The Etheraudio’s system presented on the Expo was compounded of their ultimate components:

SE power amplifier (based on the monstrous GM-100 Russian vacuum tube) delivering 30 Watts @ pure class “A” regime. No joke, we were all shocked by the dimensions of the two mono-blocks. The look of it was really impressive. According to the main constructor behind Etheraudio, the overall weight of the two mono-blocks including the power supply units are exceeding 400kg. This is somehow understandable having in mind all the components needed to keep this crazy 2000 Volts under control. The amplifier was extremely focused and it was reproducing the sounds way beyond my own understanding. The biggest tube amplifier I have ever heard in my life was again based on a russian tube (GU-81m), but compared to the GM-100 one it is just like a children’s toy. Etheraudio claim this is the world biggest amplifier and probably they are right in this statement.
The loudspeakers were the main component of the system. My personal philosophy during all those listening-experience years is that actually never-mind the fact how good source and amplifier one owns, they are not that much important if their potential can’t be outspread via a really good loudspeaker, capable of reproducing the sounds as they were meant to sound by their creator. Obviously Etheraudio are on the same page and I can honestly admit they succeeded to build a loudspeaker that deserves applauses in this field. The 8” driver (model Ether 7.1.12) is build into a 6.8m back-front-loaded horn with an impressive design and audio qualities. The horn was measured and the results are showing enviable results: 96 db@1w/1m, ± 6db, 27hz - 20 khz. Every single component of the driver was totally handcrafted. No compromises has been made to achieve the main purpose of the driver - to play the music right. Extreme control over all frequencies could be felt even though the listening room was far from perfect. The exhibition was in a hotel room after-all and not in a well treated listening one. The imperfection of the room didn't managed to spoil our overall experience.
As the horns and the amplifier were the main focus on the system I am not going to bore you additionally with more details about the other details of the system. Etheraudio are also manufacturing cables (Interconnects, loudspeaker cables and mains), power conditioners, deep modifications of CD players as well as other "audio things". I am calling them "Audio things" as Etheraudio informed me (during our chat there) that they are concentrated mainly on the loudspeakers. Even their web page call this important components (in my perception) "Audio things". So let be it.

As one picture worth hundred words please see the ultimate system which Etheraudio presented this year. I have to admit that I was not well prepared and didn’t took any pictures but attached ones were "borrowed" from Etheraudio's web page. Hope they are not going to sue me because of this :)

sGMVLDpl.jpg

O7XdE5Vl.jpg

K8XxaR7l.jpg

wextVtzl.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.