BG fullrange driver Ether 6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vix said:
Hi Kiril!

Any chance you could put some pictures of your Ether horns here?

By the way, I heard those speakers at Kiril's place, and they sound damn good. It's a pity that few DIY-ers outside Bulgaria had a chance to hear them. I think they are worth the money.

Regards,

Vix:cool:

Thank you Viktor for your positive feedback :)
Consider that you've listened to Alnico Ether 5, and if you have chance to come in Sofia in a month or so, you'll get a chance to listen to the brand new Etrher 7 Alnico, embedded into a brand new horn system (now under heavy construction)!
Feel free to come ASAP, and you won't be disappointed ;-)

:smash: :smash: :smash:

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: Commersial World

salas said:

There is a Market Place section in the forum for all. I would imagine that Mr. Pass will be happy to share it along with offers from others that have contributed to international DIY as much as he did.

Indeed, the Pass Labs forum is a perfectly appropo place for nelson to discuss his products- seeing as we'll get a trickle down (or full) schematic to duplicate the commercial stuff. And he's not posting them to general forums. And his information is substantive. And he's got a long history of offering great free circuits for diy.

Nelson gets a Pass from me :)

Hello!
I am a proud owner of Ether 6 in backloaded horns for almost an year and for me the Ethers are the best fullrange drivers I have ever heard, especially the new 7.2 version - the next step in my system updating.:)

I will share some pictures of my system if and when I learn how to upload them.:confused:

Re: Ether drivers out side Bulgaria

mindpixel said:
I have a pair of Ether 6s in London. Currently i have them in very small enclosures but I am in a process of ordering a full size horn cabinets for them. If anyone is interested drop me a line by email or pm and we can arrage for a listening session. :D

mp,

Did you manage to sort your Horn Cab's ?

:)

for fear of being shot down...

Nice pics of systems. I especially like the "red pill" amplifier! I am not usually a fan of movie references, but hey: humor has its place.

I really hope that the unfortunate local rivalries get sorted out. New full range drivers are always welcome to the scene in my opinion. Built in a home, garage, or wherever. If extensive handcrafting fits into the equation somewhere, then it is automatically worth my time to seek out and hear.

There is this pervasive notion in many cultural circles that somehow big names are automatically superior to the lesser names. From my limited experience I can say that frequently the opposite is true. Of course, you want to make sure that the folks you are buying from will simply deliver on what they promise...beyond that, fun is to be had in the ever widening full range driver marketplace.

I am excited to hear the Ether some time soon at an audio show. Thanks for the info and please keep us posted.

Clark

Blumenstein-Ultra-Fi.com

Re: for fear of being shot down...

blumenco said:
Nice pics of systems. I especially like the "red pill" amplifier! I am not usually a fan of movie references, but hey: humor has its place.

Thanks Clark.
The name "Red pill" is not my idea and as I know it's not movie reference as well. The engineers from Etheraudio, creating the schematics of the amplifier, gave the name. Maybe because it's something like "medicine for hearing". :) There was "The Blue Pill" edition for absolute beginners in tubes and this is my version, made about an year ago and replaced by the red one:
ag5.JPG

ag6.JPG

ag2.JPG

About the Ethers - you are absolutely right. In addition - as I know there more then 200 pairs sold - can you imagine all of the owners to be deft?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.