Bakoon Amplifiers ~ Slipping Under the Radar of DIY Audio.com!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I mentioned earlier how this Bakoon reminds me of Nagra.

Sorry, fail to understand the Nagra spam. Cannot see nothing at all in common, neither in concept, nor in execution.

I see the Bakoon as SET replacements for people unwilling to put up with giant, hot and expensive to maintain tube amps. Similarly to SETs they cannot be expected to work well with normal speakers.

Sorry, fail to understand the Nagra spam. Cannot see nothing at all in common, neither in concept, nor in execution.

I see the Bakoon as SET replacements for people unwilling to put up with giant, hot and expensive to maintain tube amps. Similarly to SETs they cannot be expected to work well with normal speakers.
I've had many valve amps and not been bothered by them being hot, more the failure of valves and subsequently other components. I sold PX25 monoblocks built by Jim turner for Jim Carfrae to demonstrate his Carfrae horns and bought a Sony receiver with phono stage. I have been content with that for some time and then had an urge for another valve amp to go with my 99db Lii audio crystal 10. While looking around I thought why not a first watt SIT or pass labs then realised they are thin on the ground. I had been looking at Bakoon on audio Japan on eBay and knowing nothing about them and being quite expensive was wondering what the deal was. I was then offered the 11R while looking at the black cased models. It's without doubt way better than any valve amp I have heard, it just does everything right. I can understand it would not be the same with many speakers but it's perfect with my single driver speakers that are very good but surely benefit from being driven by the Bakoon.

Normal speakers? Full range were normal for a long time

The Mk III model of the 15w Bakoon 7511 amp has plenty of drive, probably better than an equivalent 15w valve amp. The earlier versions while sounding very good were less capable into difficult loads. Surprisingly, the Mk III model is very satisfying even on this large 100kg VAF i93 speakers up to about 95dB level, after which the amp will soften a bit.

Attachments

• B8A6A3CF-D0B2-447D-ACAA-68C7F7706622.jpeg
    B8A6A3CF-D0B2-447D-ACAA-68C7F7706622.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.