Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zen Mod said:

just to let you know that I didn't forgot your last mail ........ I'm just trying to send you something palpable, but work is sorta killing me this days ;)

Dont worry, I knew that allready:D No need to hurry at all. But do you find the idea, any good? I mean, I thought it was a great idea, swapping out 78xx and 79xx's with small plugin shuntregs!
Maybe it is just one of those things that just sounds too good to be real?

:)

steenoe said:

If you are talking about, what I think you are, I am looking forward to hear it sing, too. I never saw anything like it. Although I am re-working the entire garden right now, (Everything is gone, including the roots:D ) I am sure I can find a few hours to get this thing build...:cool:

:)

We are talking about what you think we are :D

Husk: Kun en tåbe frygter ikke haven!

Magura :)

Hello
I forget to post the schematic .
Here is it .
Greetings

Attachments

• fig179d.gif
    fig179d.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,123
I´m moving over here from the Aleph h thread. It´s an old thread but I´m planning to build a headphone version of this amp and I have a couple of questions:

- Regarding the schematics in post #690. R17, 21, 22 and 23 are marked 1E2. Would that be 1ohm?
- It is suitable for high impedance headphones <300Ohms?
- If I understand the schematics correctly the input jfets are the only transistors in need of matching, correct?

Best Regards Christian

Last edited:
Hi!

First a late thanks for your quick answer. I have a lot of matched 2SK170bl and it got me thinking. It is possible to simply swap the polarities of the schematics and swap the transistors for opposite polarities?

It is possible to do the following:

1. Swap the polarities of the schematics.
2. Replace Q1 for a matched set of 2SK170bl
3. Exchange q2,Q3 from bc556 to bc546
4. Exchange q4 and q5 from bc546 to bc556.
5. I plan to use it as a headphone amp so q6 qnd q7 would be IFR9610

Best regards Christian

Thanks for a quick answer!

I think i found the thread you were referring to, "Inverted" Aleph J? I want to experiment a bit and the j271 doesn't seem to be easy to come by either. So by using my 2SK170bl i can build prototypes cheaper and easier. As i understand it the inverted version will not be sonically worse.

Best regards Christian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.