Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you want DC gekoppelt feedback network-use C2
if not-use jumper
R6-preliminary value (shoot for 10mA through LTP)
best way is to preset 10mA during PCB assembling-without JFETS in PCB ,or just dial WR1 to have ~ 60 to 70 OHMS in WR1+R6; fine tune to 10mA after

WR2 is for fine tuning of Iq (2A)

C1 (as Papa sez) probably isn't needed at all....CRO will tell...

R14 (AC current gain ) as you wish........1K or more ,or even switch ;) if you don't need Aleph CCS

R18- (current protection) -still didn't bother with calculating value.....with my spks-maybe I'll omit that resistor ;) ....I'll calc value in few days-when Oly make few PCBs ,and when I start to make final version....and when I return from short trip .......

everything other-same as every other bastardized Aleph......WR1 is,besides setting 10mA through LTP,also for setting DC null on output,,,so-preset at 10mA,after full warm-up,just shoot for 0 mV on output

in my experience with Babbelfish J veeeeeery 3-dimensional prototype,messing with WR2 have some influence on offset,but-as always with Pass's bastardzzzz-we are used to some tweaking....hehe

cheers for now

do not forget---THIS IS ANOTHER ONE PAPA's JEWELL (not shoutin'-just lazy to use "underline" button)

Attachments

• babbelfish-j.pdf
    95.6 KB · Views: 4,749
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
something more

Attachments

• babbelfish-j-sch.jpg
    babbelfish-j-sch.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 12,813
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
one little addendum-as I already said in partly hi-jacked thread (shame on me) (Pass Jfet amp ,or something) -I also tried this as Mini Aleph J-with 2x15V and Iq 1A-perfect solution for even wimpier Jfets on input...and IRF540 on output..........and your mama's heatsinks she uses every day for Market.....
:devilr:

This babbelfish seems to have nothing related to the Pass Jfet but to the Aleph more maybe to the J Aleph, guess it’s a good approximation, like it very much Choky, excellent work you’ve made along with your friend Oli to say the least.:cool: :cool: :cool:

What’s the horsepower on this one?

Beautiful board layout. That is a masterpiece, Choky. Give your friend Oly, my compliments. Very, very nice layout:cool:
Yep, this amp is a jewell I think, in fact I think its the crown jewel sparkling over the whole Aleph range of amp's;)
Are you aware that its a bit dangerous to give me a nice PDF like that:D

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
apassgear said:
This babbelfish seems to have nothing related to the Pass Jfet but to the Aleph more maybe to the J Aleph, guess it’s a good approximation, like it very much Choky, excellent work you’ve made along with your friend Oli to say the least.:cool: :cool: :cool:

What’s the horsepower on this one?

ya nutz?

this is my babbelfishing around Papa's Aleph J.....not any wimpy other Jfet amp......

horsepower look in Papa's pdf...............

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Beautiful board layout. That is a masterpiece, Choky. Give your friend Oly, my compliments. Very, very nice layout:cool:
Yep, this amp is a jewell I think, in fact I think its the crown jewel sparkling over the whole Aleph range of amp's;)
Are you aware that its a bit dangerous to give me a nice PDF like that:D

Steen:)

I told ya that Oly is a king with Protel

btw,there is one slight mistake with elco in minus rail....on schm
it's OK on PCB

just make it and enjoy..............

as always,Choky is worst begger here

-typing from sister's PC from Zagreb....without spell-checker etc...will be back in few days-so steen you have enough time to make pcbs for ya,even before me....like always you do.....
:D

Choky is worst begger here
I dont see that? You snatch a piece of knowledge now and then with your own way of asking:D and give us in return this piece of work:) Thats just magnificent, Choky. You are the big spender here:D

Steen:cool:

BTW. I am laying the last hand on my house refurbishing at this point! (I want it to be perfect, to keep the Miss'es pleased:) ) When that is done, I wouldnt be surprised to see a Babbelfish singing around here, shortly, in stereo ofcourse:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Skorpio said:
Anybody know how close this design is to the Aleph J?

-JFETs in input stage (type)
-Feedback to drain of input stage (why?)
-Source resistors
-Input CCS, no zeners...
-Feedback resistors and input impedance

Could this easy be implemented on a running Aleph 3?

search .........

anyway:

-NP sez that he use 2SJ109 in input stage
-sorta folded cascode,at least how little choky means how FC looks ;)
-source resistors-why not? better stability,I think....
-input CCS not like usual NP CCS-again who cares....this one looks better,even if usual NP CCS is certainly more than good enough
-feedback resistors and input impedance-just because NP sez few things in Aleph J user manual.......~240K input and ~20db overall gain.......
-more than easy-it's Aleph 3 with wimpier input stage,nothing more ..........and nothing less........

and-yes-you must ask Papa directly -how close is Babbelfish J to real Aleph J.......:clown:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
choky said:

-input CCS not like usual NP CCS-again who cares....this one looks better,even if usual NP CCS is certainly more than good enough

Nobody cares ..
Who sees that one looks better ..

Recently, I have had some tests of different CCS (regulation) ..
For me, the best performance to the end (my ears) comes from the "simplest" MOSFET follower backed up by the zener diode reference voltage .. I changed all mine back to the usual NP CCS ..
Lot of works after work .. :darkside:

Hah .. ! more than good enuff .. ?
No, I d like to say that it is "the one and only" .. at least for me ..
:devilr: hehe ..

:yinyang:
jh

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
vangelis said:
Hi Choky,

What is power of the Mini Aleph?:xeye:
Can I use your PCB for him?

What doing Your sister? :hot:

HA!
this is Oly!

my sister is same age like him (approximately-stone age ;) )

yes-you already know that you can use your pcb for anything you want,even for Borbely style non Aleph ;)

you wanna share schm for your miniultrasymetricmosfetsheeeeeeetttty
amp?

btw-my sister is fine,just preparing for golden wedding:devilr:

choky said:

HA!
this is Oly!

my sister is same age like him (approximately-stone age ;) )

yes-you already know that you can use your pcb for anything you want,even for Borbely style non Aleph ;)

you wanna share schm for your miniultrasymetricmosfetsheeeeeeetttty
amp?

btw-my sister is fine,just preparing for golden wedding:devilr:

Maybe I wanna share schm of new amp, but guys on this forum not like my Guru Borbely :devilr:

btw. Your sister is fine, but have only one Big problem...Her brother Choky :D

It's joke of course... This is schematics...

Attachments

• aleph ss sch.pdf
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,886
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.