Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Just in B_fish:D
The summer is upon us, and I will have to tend to the family for now:) Maybe a little time for electronics now and and then, but.....The kids are first priority:D This is not a goodbye, but as close as it can be!!

Steen:cool:

just keep them (kids) near you and vice versa........use electronics for listening,only.......... for change :devilr:

:worship:

I'll ask what I have via PM

Dont worry, the kids are getting big enough to take care of them self's:) Well, the oldest "kid" has his own house and the rest are on their way, I think;) I just felt like commenting on the Babbelfish and the F4 again;) Here is what I had to say: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1205758#post1205758 I am still sure that the Babbelfish is the best allround amp that one can build:) If you dont want to mod your preamp heavily for a monstrous gain, with the possible noise penalty, the Babbelfish is the way to go. Having loads of people come by and have a listen, I am really confident saying this;)

I am out of school now back into amp building for the summer!

steenoe said:
Dont worry, the kids are getting big enough to take care of them self's:) Well, the oldest "kid" has his own house and the rest are on their way, I think;) I just felt like commenting on the Babbelfish and the F4 again;) Here is what I had to say: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1205758#post1205758 I am still sure that the Babbelfish is the best allround amp that one can build:) If you dont want to mod your preamp heavily for a monstrous gain, with the possible noise penalty, the Babbelfish is the way to go. Having loads of people come by and have a listen, I am really confident saying this;)

Steen, Which amp has the better highs and with detail, "the Babelfish or

F4?"

I am working on my Aleph 30 Jfet amp since that was the last one of my jfet amps I have not heard.

Re: I am out of school now back into amp building for the summer!

BillWW said:

Steen, Which amp has the better highs and with detail, "the Babelfish or

F4?"

I am working on my Aleph 30 Jfet amp since that was the last one of my jfet amps I have not heard.

BillWW, thats a tough one. To my ears the F4 is a little more detailed in the topend, but its marginal. The important thing is if one likes the sound from one amp over the other. Since they sound different, its a matter of taste and preference. The Babbelfish has a little softer sound to it, which some people might prefer. Probably because of the Aleph/singleended topology.
Both amps are a very good choice:)

Steen:)

Oly, the pcb wizzard:cool:
Here is a pair of heavily Choky'fied Aleph-X boards. Not as pretty as if Oly had designed them, but they will have to do for testing;)
This is as close to a Babbelfish-X as it gets:)

Steen:)

Attachments

• babbel_x_sm.jpg
    babbel_x_sm.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 674
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.