B1 Buffer Preamp

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
10,000uF 50v Nichicon KG caps - bought these from Percy a decade ago, but you can get them from PartsConnexion now too

1uF 200v Vitamin Q - eBay. These are hard to find in lower voltages. They are wonderful sounding but also very toxic. Minimize the handling and don't eat fried chicken or lick your fingers after soldering. (Good advice anyway I suppose!)

Are you serious that Vitamin Q caps are toxic ( at the outside ) or are you joking ?! As I have small stock of Vitamin Q caps left I am curious. I don't like toxic stuff except for tin/lead solder that is...

I am glad I built a DC coupled B1 "Mezmerize". Cheaper and less mental noise which flavor cap to pick etc.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
OK, we are going OT here but then Vitamin Q are not toxic except of course for the lead containing solder on the lead wire connections.

On the other hand Sprague PIO contains toxic oil. Thank you for the information Jacco. It is already hard to know your components and their specific features thoroughly but these myths and flaky assumptions don't make it any easier.

Last edited: