• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Paul_Bui said:
Gymane an AS NOS DAC owner just confirmed he has no problem feeding 24/48 to his DAC.

A Slim Device user said the squeeze box should be able to do 24/48.

Yet I am here not able to do a damn thing about the 16/48 data on my HD. It's frustrating!

I have tested the Premium NOS DAC using RMAA software and connected to my computer through an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile in a loop. It will accept 16, 24, or 32 Bit; and 44.1 or 48 KHz inputs with no change in performance.

It will not handle a 96KHz input.
Robert

Thanks gentlemen for your thoughts, testing and confirming. It seems the Slim Device (squeeze box) needs to be re-configured to accept and output properly all bit rates (16 to 24) and sampling rates (44.1 to 48kHz).

Until then, I will use an audio editor to convert the "unusual" WAV files to 16/44.1 spec. to play them.

Hi,

Here's the update for the 24/96 incident. Turned out the issue is with the particular SB2 I am using. Vinnie of RedWine Audio will help fix it. Any stock squeeze box will play 24/48 fine. 96Khz will be down sampled to 48Khz before being outputted. The AS NOS DAC, as you have tested and verified, will play 16-32/48 fine.

Thank you all for your support.

Hi Peter,

I am completely newbie to this world of DIY.
I am thinking to buy you the premium kit, but I still have some doubts.
Do you think it is ok to build monoblocks and a separate passive pre? Or for the sound quality matter is it better to put all in the same box (integrated)?
Can you sell me the font sellector, atenuator and cables? if yes, what will be the price?
Do I need something more to the pre?
Can you please sent me the complete diagram for this project

Thanks in Advance
Fernando Moreira

karma said:
anything new and up and coming from audiosector?

I got myself into vinyl, and a phono section will be coming at some time.

paulomartires said:
Just one question: do you sell pots and source selectors?
And just one sugestion: I would really apreciate a pre-amp kit with the quality of all your products.

Yes, I can supply Noble pots and source selectors. As to the preamp, I never felt a need for an active stage.

Steven&Billington transformers work very well with up to 6db gain and are better than most active stages, even the very best ones.

Another alternative is using a potentiometer directly at amp's input and properly built buffer at source's end. To me, it sounded better than modified Levinson preamp.

Those who want simple active stage, may look into circuit based on AD815 popularized on this form by Carlosfm.

The remote controlled volume attenuator, described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=839425#post839425 should be available soon as well.

My TVC based preamp has been featured on the cover of HiFI+ recently. ;) While it is well made, commercial product now, it started as a diy project and you can read about it here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21795&highlight=

Attachments

• pre.jpg
    pre.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,276
Peter Daniel said:

I got myself into vinyl, and a phono section will be coming at some time.

Yes, I can supply Noble pots and source selectors. As to the preamp, I never felt a need for an active stage.

Steven&Billington transformers work very well with up to 6db gain and are better than most active stages, even the very best ones.

Another alternative is using a potentiometer directly at amp's input and properly built buffer at source's end. To me, it sounded better than modified Levinson preamp.

Those who want simple active stage, may look into circuit based on AD815 popularized on this form by Carlosfm.

The remote controlled volume attenuator, described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=839425#post839425 should be available soon as well.

My TVC based preamp has been featured on the cover of HiFI+ recently. ;) While it is well made, commercial product now, it started as a diy project and you can read about it here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21795&highlight=

yes yes I bought this version of the magazine ( two Books ) one for me to read and look at ( and one for later on )

good job Peter

I just finished my premium non-os dac and it sounds great! I am using a Squeeze Box 3 as a "transport" and the sound that I'm getting is considerably better than the analog outputs from the SB3.
I'm a few days late on the SB3 discussion.... I have ripped music to my computer as wav files using I-tunes. I haven't had any issues with "compatibility" between the dac and the SB3. I've played music all day and everything is working- no wierd white noise.

Construction was very straight forward. The only issue that I had was soldering the smt receiver chip. Luckily I had a smt tip for my soldering iron ;) I'm using Vampire CCC 20.5 awg from diycable.com, BG caps, Caddock MK-132 resistors throughout, Cardas rcas and Cardas chassis wire for the power connections.

Thanks Peter!

System link:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vevol&1160438278&view

Attachments

• audio rack 11_5_06.jpg
    audio rack 11_5_06.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,473
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.