• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Question

All

I have one of Peter's premium dac kits which is up and running after some minor trouble shooting( Thanks, Peter!). Is there any breaking in time for such gear-or does it perform 100% right away?

It's working fine- just wondered. I have read about devices needing many hours of breaking in before the listener reaches "Audio Nirvana"!

TIA

George

peter just got back from the ibm dealer, nothing what you would call a deal. no parts to work with. nothing till next spring slim pickings :rolleyes:

but i did get a good deal on a ibm @server retails for $900.00 fully loaded i got it for $250.00

sorry:xeye:

cheers

Attachments

• ibm.jpg
    ibm.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,051
karma said:
peter just got back from the ibm dealer, nothing what you would call a deal. no parts to work with. nothing till next spring slim pickings :rolleyes:

but i did get a good deal on a ibm @server retails for $900.00 fully loaded i got it for $250.00

sorry:xeye:

cheers

Spec's. ? AND what is this thing for ?

Got Acourate?

karma said:
its going to get a workout.;)

Give that PC a workout in the interest of audio!

Savvy DIY enthusiasts with a PC or an Intel Mac should check out Acourate.com and try the software with the 30 day free trial. This is an unbelievably powerful program.

Perhaps run a room correction scenario first, the go to a digital xover and multi-amp with PD GainClones!

I've been gradually learning from Uli, the designer of Acourate, on a private forum. Brilliant.

Replace your xovers with perfect, phase coherent versions, make your speakers truly time and phase coherent, and correct your room all with one powerful program.

(Warning, rather DIY, and perhaps not for the software timid, but clearly well worth the learning curve. I'm just finally digging in deeper.)

http://www.acourate.com/

Will blow your mind. Acourate is just now leaving Beta for human consumption.

Watch this tutorial first:

Acourate LogSweep Generation and Convolution
http://www.acourate.com/LogSweepRecording.html

This technology will soon change everything.

-Rob

Re: Got Acourate?

Rob Thomas said:

Give that PC a workout in the interest of audio!

Savvy DIY enthusiasts with a PC or an Intel Mac should check out Acourate.com and try the software with the 30 day free trial. This is an unbelievably powerful program.

Perhaps run a room correction scenario first, the go to a digital xover and multi-amp with PD GainClones!

I've been gradually learning from Uli, the designer of Acourate, on a private forum. Brilliant.

Replace your xovers with perfect, phase coherent versions, make your speakers truly time and phase coherent, and correct your room all with one powerful program.

(Warning, rather DIY, and perhaps not for the software timid, but clearly well worth the learning curve. I'm just finally digging in deeper.)

http://www.acourate.com/

Will blow your mind. Acourate is just now leaving Beta for human consumption.

Watch this tutorial first:

Acourate LogSweep Generation and Convolution
http://www.acourate.com/LogSweepRecording.html

This technology will soon change everything.

-Rob

BAH! to bad it's windows only. So far. Guess ill need a cheap pc to do this.

Re: Re: Re: Got Acourate?

Rob Thomas said:

You know, here is your excuse to buy that Intel Dual Core Mac Mini running both OSX and XP, and silently serving your music as well. It even includes the little white Apple remote... $599.

But i have a Dual 2.0gig apple g5 with 6gigs of ram and 500gigs of storage :D

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Acourate?

Rob Thomas said:
Yes, but it's NOISY. The Mini would be silent, can sit there and do all the speaker and room correction and serve the tunes from the G5 in the other room.

That is more or less how i do it... i use my wife's old Pismo PowerBook (400 MHz G3) and stream from my Dual 867 G4 -- seems to work OK even over the slow wireless.

dave

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Acourate?

Rob Thomas said:

Yes, but it's NOISY. The Mini would be silent, can sit there and do all the speaker and room correction and serve the tunes from the G5 in the other room.

-Rob

Noisy my but this machine is silent. The fans have there own cpu to witch controls each zone per fan :) It's a fast and nice. Altho a mac mini with a converted and altered os to turn on sharing and stuff would be nice. My old g3 was like that only a ethernet cord and power cord was used.

Hi Peter et al,

Does the AS NOS DAC accept 16 bits/48Khz data or just strictly a 16/44.1 DAC? I've got an Edirol R-09 with several 16/48 demo tracks. After uploading them to my hard drive I attempted to play them through the squeeze box transporting to the DAC. All I hear is white noise. A search in Slim Device indicates that the SB can do 16/48 (well up to 24/96).

Someone please shed some light on this.

White noise very often means total mismatch of digital formats - not only sample rates. The AS NOS-DAC can handle stereo 32 - 48kHz/16bit files.
Did you check your file format? The R-09 can handle mp3 (compressed) and wav(uncompressed), 16 or 24bit, 44.1 and 48kHz. How did you upload the files to your PC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.