• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can get Cardas dual RCA from Percy. But you can also easily build your own, using single RCAs. Both boards have solder pads at the bottom to accept home made dual RCAs ;)

Attachments

• rca.jpg
    rca.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,028
Peter Daniel said:

For signal, I'm using solid core silver (looks like 30ga) that came with S&B102 TVC, I'm not sure where it can be bought. I also like Vampire solid core wire (26ga) that Percy sells.

For power and speaker connections I'm using Cardas hookup wire (19.5 ga). Since I'm using it in umbilical cord, solid core wouldn't work. Also, Cardas seems to work better than everything else I tried so far. Solder pot or high power iron is needed for termination (multiple enameled strands).

Thanks for the information. Do you mean the Vampire Cast Copper Wire 26.5 guage? ($5 for 50 ft) chassis wire?

I found Cardas hook up wire very nicely priced at http://www.partsconnexion.com . Are there any US places that sell it? According to their website there is no US distributors....

Where did you buy your S&B102 TVC, I assume you are using this transformer in the power supply for your amplifier. I did a search for the Vendors Bazaar but with out a specific page turning up there is a lot of searching to do in this topic. Google pulls up nothing I found useful for S&B102 TVC.

Sorry about the lame questions as I would image you prefer technical ones that can improve things or correct them :smash:

Percyaudio.com sells Cardas wire as well. That's the Vampire wire I meant.

S&B102 TVC stands for transformer based volume attenuator; since I build them regularly, I have lots of cutoffs I'm using for signal wiring.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have been looking over Plitron's transformers. Could I get a little help selecting one? I figured on going with a 300-400va for 8 ohm speakers (I really can not see myself ever having 4 ohm speakers). Based on a price of a 300va on Mad About Sound I assume some where under $50 is reasonible?

I have been looking on Plitron's website but I am not sure how decipher all of the specifications.

Destroyer OS. said:
I have been looking over Plitron's transformers. Could I get a little help selecting one? I figured on going with a 300-400va for 8 ohm speakers (I really can not see myself ever having 4 ohm speakers). Based on a price of a 300va on Mad About Sound I assume some where under $50 is reasonible?

I have been looking on Plitron's website but I am not sure how decipher all of the specifications.

a 300va tranny is going to land you at least 140$ cdn.. :p ill see if i can find the link to the company i bought mine for.. i bought 3 x 300va trannys @ 16-0-16 for 80$ with shipping.

http://www.madaboutsound.com/prod_det.asp?product_id=8

$48 US..... I just figured I should buy from some where based in the USA.

Oh yeah could I just get a couple optional specifications? Who manufactures good ones? How good does it need to be? I can get a lot of electronic stuff, but most the time it is not audio worthy. I can get 40% off of stuff from Newark and similiar prices off with other major industrial dealers.

Destroyer OS. said:

Go to the bottom of the "Order" page and click "US Price list". On the price list pick the transformer you want, e.g., 300Va. All 300Va transformers are $62.95 plus shipping. Next, click the "Part Number" in the first column. This takes you to the "Ratings Table" where you can pick the output voltage and corresponding part number for the transformer you have choosen, e.g., a 300Va 22V transformer would be part number 077027201. This particular transformer will cost about $90 delivered to the U.S. Delivery takes about 4 weeks from date of purchase since Plitron makes the transformer when you order it. I am extremely happy with the two I ordered for my amp, though I haven't compared them to another brand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.