• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 2.7R and 0.1uF are optional Zobel components and I do not recommend using them, that's why they were not included.

There shouldn't be any 1.5R resistors there, the 3W 0.1Rs are used for parallel configuration only.

You will find more info here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/155635-kit-arrived.html

My apologies. I probably read that in this thread a while back and just overlooked it. Here is a pic then of the first board. Both of these will be stereo as I want to make one 4 channel amp, and then the second kit will be wired for 2 channels. How does this look now

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Unless using batteries, the rectifier board is always needed.

You may try Antek transformer on Ebay or check with Apex Jr: miscellaneous.html

Attachments

• ps.jpg
    ps.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 801
Unless using batteries, the rectifier board is always needed.

You may try Antek transformer on Ebay or check with Apex Jr: miscellaneous.html

should i go with a transformer or toroid? which transformer model is most suitable for LM3875 dual mono kit?

i read the building instructions and saw on the picture that each pcb output is connected to L&R RCA. 2 pcb will be 2 of RCA pairs while i only need 6.3mm headphone output. how do i solve this problem?

For headphones it doesn't matter much, choose most convenient option.

For the amp I usually recommend 300VA, 2 x 22V toroids, for headphones 100VA should be fine.

Regarding wiring problem, check those links for details:

TRS connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How to make a headphone jack to RCA cable or adapter? - Yahoo! Answers
How does a RCA(White/Red) to headphone jack cable work? - Yahoo! Answers
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/headphones/122785-1-4-headphone-jack-wiring.html

my headphone needs 4W at 100 ohm impedance. so 100VA transformers will do? how do i know the transformer's power is sufficient for powering my headphone?

i looked at the schematic again, and ended up confused with the output channel:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/soesnake/Home%20Audio%20Projects/AmpKit003.jpg

the picture is showing 1 PCB. it's clearly written there are 2 output channels. if i build a LM3875 kit i will have 2 PCB with same output, meaning there will be 2 left & 2 right channel right? while the headphone jack will only need 1 left, 1 right, & 1 ground channel. How do i do the wiring?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.