Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Good News,

Dick from Audio creative (Link to their Site) tested the new Q3 with the DIP-8 size Tentlabs XO clocks and used a DIP socket in between which is a great and clever trick to overcome the fact Ian moved the middle pin away in the new version. Below the DIP Socket he soldered two wires from the clock to the outer pins.

This combination works sound wise great with the DDDAC1794 setup – so good to know for everyone liking the Tentlabs XO clocks or even having them lying around from other projects :cool:

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 589
Today I have done of the best upgrades on my dddac which have Ian’s fifopi reclocker. Accusilicon 45 and 49mhz is doing the job on fifopi. I have bypassed the 3.3v regulators on fifopi and my linear psu is from diyink, with r-core trafo and LT-3045 regs.

The upgrade is to simply put an 3.3v UCconditioner from iancanada between your psu and fifopi. Everything is sounding better than before. I will go so far saying this must be the best «tweak» one can do if you have fifopi and want to upgrade it to a new level. Highly recommended.

Good News,

Dick from Audio creative (Link to their Site) tested the new Q3 with the DIP-8 size Tentlabs XO clocks and used a DIP socket in between which is a great and clever trick to overcome the fact Ian moved the middle pin away in the new version. Below the DIP Socket he soldered two wires from the clock to the outer pins.

This combination works sound wise great with the DDDAC1794 setup – so good to know for everyone liking the Tentlabs XO clocks or even having them lying around from other projects :cool:

That's a very smart solution, Thank you so much for sharing!

Regard,
Ian

Hi Ian and all,

My first time GB, sorry for the question.
I reply the post for Q3 GB, and what should I do now?
Is there any form to fill?
Has the GB began?

I know there are already stocks on Audiophonics, but I am not in Europe, kinda far and seems a bit higher in price and shipping.

Ian, I wrote a mail to you about volume buying, looking for your reply, thank you very much :)