Article - Sony VFETs part 1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd go in on a transformer GB. Also can't help but to think some kind of arrangement for pooling vfets for matching would be extremely neat. If someone had the knowledge, equipment and courage to handle the little unicorns for such an effort. May be wishful thinking.

Edit- Though it isn't necessary at this point. Would be nice to prepare for paralleling devices in part 2.

Last edited:
On the Jensen website, it says call for pricing on 100 units or more. I wouldn't be at all surprised if a GB exceeded 100 units, so it might be worth calling (or emailing) to find out pricing at that quantity. One never knows, if we let them know the parts are for a GB off the DIYAudio site, maybe they'd even give a better discount.

Last edited:
With the few transformer coupled amps I have played with, source degeneration seems to detract from sound more than overall loop feedback, as odd as that may sound. Something about letting those output transistors run free makes for wonderful presentation. I wish I could figure out how to do this with small signal fets, buti don't know of any that have the stability that is found in the Vfets and the SS fets. Any suggestions.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dady,

Thank you for checking with Jensen.

It may be easier logistically if the GB runs out of the US to avoid shipping
the transformers to Europe and shipping them back to North America.

But that's probably something to consider once more on the interest level of
members.

Dennis

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
@WalterW

Where are you getting your info?

Here's a screenshot from Jensen's website, not to mention the conversation I had with their engineer, so...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.4 KB · Views: 758
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.