Art Car Sound System - A unique challenge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I dont think there are any figures for power draw but you could at least look at the real LG FP14 and use those as an example. Would probably be close. But if your using that amp what are you powering?

If its the TH18 pair you will barely use that much power on tap. So the caps most likely will never be spent and will just be floating along. I think the Inuke 6000 would use less power at idle and powering the TH18 but if you crank the subs you may be better off with the 14000 and less power draw in the end.

Wish I could help more.

Its all good, we are just throwing stuff around to see what sticks.

One advantage for the inuke will be the 3 year warranty and local support, and its smaller I believe, but we would need two (1xTh's + 1xMid/high) so it might end up bigger.

There might be a future with more cabs but Finbot will have to make that call. ;)

Wanted to bring this to Fins attention and post it here for easy reference.

I believe this is djim's design for the 2400 . TH18 xoc1 thread.. Post 1633

Attachments

• Test-Cone-Correction_Xoc1-TH18_301 (2).jpg
    Test-Cone-Correction_Xoc1-TH18_301 (2).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 110
Just found this comment regarding the PD1850. Not sure if is relevant to the 1850/2 ... In Bangkok atm for business, its pita researching on the phone some times.

Djim..."About the differences between drivers, yes, it is true that some drivers do perform a little different and when they give a little extension in LF content it will automatically mean they ‘suffer’ elsewhere (often total SPL). In case of the PD1850 it can make up against most traditional drivers as power compression is quiet low. However, don’t aspect magic as these drivers do lean on older design principles. 5inch VC’s are becoming quiet normal and the PD suffer from a limited peak power capability. As soon this limit is reached they will burn out more quickly than these new designs from B&C, 18Sound and others.
The so called crest factor is quiet amazing from the latest generation drivers and allow them to be fed way above their continues power when it comes to peaks. In other words the latest generation extended LF drivers are able to play with better dynamics (less THD) at high power and therefore give more SPL in dynamic signals like music"

Post #372
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/190635-th-18-flat-35hz-xoc1s-design-38.html

My first time using hornresp.

No surprises i am getting slightly different results.

Any suggestions on what I am doing incorrectly?

TH18 with 18Sound 18WL2500

430641d1406691180-art-car-sound-system-unique-challenge-18wl2500-th18-params.png

430642d1406691180-art-car-sound-system-unique-challenge-18wl2500-th18.png

Attachments

• 18WL2500 TH18 Params.png
    18WL2500 TH18 Params.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 18WL2500 TH18.png
    18WL2500 TH18.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Lol... That would be hilarious . what's the latest design look like for the boominator? Got a link?

The th18 just fits on the end trolleys on the artcar(post 1) , not sure if the cubo would...

With krix supplying the 2500 at that price the pd is looking unlikely at this point.
Was that sim with both drivers driven with the same input power?

What's your take on high pass & lowpass filters for the 2500 th18. I have been reading your convo in the xoc1 thread but am not clear on a general consensus?

Considering the flexibility of a MiniDSP 2x8. We are willing to sacrifice a few dB of low end extension for safety margin. So 24db LR at 33 to 37hz?

Would be helpful to take some weight off the tops and crossover at 100hz or higher.
Saw comments about group delay going too high though.

Thanks again for all you input. You might have to come to Rainbow Serpent for a dance!

Personally I find the behringer gears cheaper cost is a result of less thorough implementation, resultsing in lesser than spec behaviour. Slightly noisy outputs, clicky buttons, turning the knob to zero doesn't quite cut out the signal entirely.

So long as the shortcomings are not noticeable its acceptable.

Comparatively I would trust behringer over the clone maker.

Last edited:
I tend to agree on both the pros and cons.... And keep thinking about that 3 year warranty with local support. Hmmm

Beringer has been making cheap quality gear for so long that I feel they are getting better at balancing the compromises.

Is the 4 channel nu6000 gonna work dimensions wise?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.