Are you ready to face strong emotions?.. Dx Blame MKII and the Supercharged release!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tell me voltage over 100ohm 2 watt resistor
while setting amp
the standard requires a total quiescent current (Iq) of ~47mA. Passing this through 100r will develop 4.7Vdc.

The power dissipated in the 100r will be ~220mW while you are setting up the output bias current (Ib).
You do not need a 2W resistor.
However when you replace the fuse the supply rails will increase by that 4.7Vdc that is no longer dropped across the 100r.
When you increase the supply rail voltage, you will find that Ib and Iq have changed.

It would be better to measure the Iq through a 10r//10r//10r = 3r33 that would develop ~156mVdc, or use 3r3, or 3r6, or 3r9 250mW if you have some.

Better still is to measure the Ib at the output emitter resistors.

dear sir
greetings DX BLAME MKII SUPERCHARGED waiting for transformer
thanking you
andrew lebon

Attachments

• P1010250.jpg
    P1010250.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 587
dear sir
greetings thank you for the encouragement making supply board has dc
protector speaker short circuit protector clip led supply condenser bridge all on
13.5cm 9cm pcb very compact both channel on pcb please see APEX AUDIO
SERVO AMPLIFIER PAGE 3 THEN I WILL POST PICTURES
I LOVE YOUR AMPLIFIERS EASY TO BUILD WORLD CLASS SOUND MOST OF ALL
WELL DOCUMENTED
thanking you
andrew lebon

Speaker protector is not my creation

Mitchel did that...i have just asked him to test the stuff to be sure it is reliable..he made some modifications to the Blue boards to be even more safe then the Brazilian green boards.... one of the green board had a recall... well..do not worry, it is under control and green boards where sent to Brazilians only.... we had a single exception that was Evette..because he have lost his red boards and asked my help to have Dx Blame amplifiers.

Mitchel belongs to the Corporation...he works hard to all of us.... but also he has his own line of amplifiers he use to sell to the Brazilian communitty.... he uses a old fashion lovely enclosure he designed and ordered to Naoko Metal Works in Brazil...you can see the picture...nice thing he made..i have ordered three enclosures to my own use.

I do not believe this is to be sent outside brasil.... it is heavy to be shipped, is made of 2 milimeters thick steel, painted using electrostatic method (automotive paint system)..it is too much heavy and big.... shipment cost may be too much big.... i am just showing you...not offering you....it is a gainclone with special pre amplifier...i will install Dx Blame Supercharged inside the enclosure...i call it Semprex (Semprini plus Dx) but this is not beeing offered...my exclusive enclosures only...my Christmas gift to myself.

I have just made the amplifier and power supply, and i have tested them...i do not even use protector at my home.....i use old style, fuses are my protectors... the amplifier is stable and i never had one with fuses burned or damaged anyway.

Of course, i agree, the protector is a better solution then fuses, reason why they are included in the group buy kits.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• S140A-1.jpg
    S140A-1.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 425
  • S140A-2.jpg
    S140A-2.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 366
  • Semprex.jpg
    Semprex.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
My preference is the ferric one

Muriatic acid is dangerous and need a expensive complementary material in combination.

I use to heat the ferric solution and to move it in waves along the board to be corroded...takes less than 3 minutes to etch.

I do not mix with Muriatic acid...i use only hot water mixed with the Ferric Chloride...solution is dark as Coca Cola.

Maybe your method is even better and i gonna try it one day

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
We are ready to order the second round of boards...more than 40 kits sold

Boards will arrive today...we gonna start distribuition very soon.

This is a small power, 18 volts supplies, Dx Blame ST, using Brazilian boards reduced in size...they will be inside a speaker, an amplified speaker to my nephew.

Dx Corporation Advertising.... the only virtual Corporation in this Universe.... does not exists in the real world, it is just an Union of builders...more than 600 Dx amplifiers already built, now beeing sold in China, Europe, United States and Brazil...we offer DIY, cost price kits.

Reliable, versatile, torture tested, endurance tested,
hundred Dx Blame ST Already built, approved, based on the Blameless from
Dr. Douglas Self (super honorable engineer and designer
of immeasurable merit), using the bootstrap circuit from Hugh
Dean, from Aspen, home form the Aksas .... stable, true DIY,
reliable, high performer, low numbers of
total harmonic distortion, yet there were no complaints
on it, just praise, offer sheets, we offer
support, provide follow-up, help beginners giving them
advise, is inexpensive to mount, does not use sophisticaded parts,
it is small, may work from 15 to 42
volts without modification .. accept increased power,
having versions of 200 watts, a single board supports 4
different models, already exist a group buy opened to you to purchase
boards, we also offer layout, so you can do by yourself not buying anything!
offer complete kit containing; speaker protector, also delayed insertion, protection
against high off the set and DC in the output .... we can suggest you a circuit
for power supply surge protection.

The designer has already been sinbinned twice ... and next time will
banned ... enjoy uncle charlie before he runs out.

Do not be fooled by complicated and sophisticated projects ....
some of them cannot beat Dx Blame ST ... do not
enter an adventure ... come to the safe side of
guaranteed projects ... mount your plug and play and call
others to make a comparison.

Here you have schematics, layout and all you may need to start:

http://www.dx.kinghost.net/

Here you have the group buy:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...kii-mkii-supercharged-groub-buy-interest.html

We have also Greg site:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

Be happy,

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC02051.jpg
    DSC02051.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 539
Last edited:
Muriatic acid is dangerous and need a expensive complementary material in combination.

I use to heat the ferric solution and to move it in waves along the board to be corroded...takes less than 3 minutes to etch.

I do not mix with Muriatic acid...i use only hot water mixed with the Ferric Chloride...solution is dark as Coca Cola.

Maybe your method is even better and i gonna try it one day

regards,

Carlos

What material is that ?? 1/3 H2O2 (peroxide) + 2/3 muriatic 30% HCL , burn a board in 4 minutes. Not a DIY board , a perfect board (below) .. no pits or undercut. Gallon of muriatic and 10 bottles of peroxide cost 10$.. You can etch 50 amps with that or more. Just pour on limestone rock (gravel) to neutralize .. just don't breath fumes .. do it outside with the breeze at your back. :D

Attachments

• perfect.jpg
    perfect.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 396
The breeze at your back is important...these products are dangerous

to our health.

I am using Peroxide and Muriatic Acid too (have other name also) ...but the Peroxide, the strong one, is expensive here.

Brazilian postal system is delayed.... boards should arrive last wednesday and didn't..... because Christmas it is delayed....boards are being manufactured in São Paulo - Brasil.... we made contact with the company and they informed have already delivered....trouble is in the brazilian postal system overloaded because Christmas.

After pay pall, you will have to wait 15 days...time that will spend to these boards to travel to Australia.... and this is reasonable, as i have wait 2 monthes to receive things from Germany.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.