Are the free samples really free?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sayang001 said:
I had my meeting with the guy from Coilcraft, showed some of the products of our company to him and had a nice chat.

He told me that they are aware that some samples endup with private persons. ;)
There main issue is the reselling of samples and people just being greedy. :mad:

They are aware of this, OK, but do they care?

Received my digital pot samples from Maxim today. Delivered in 11 days. Sounds bad, but actually good. DS1802 came from the Philippines! Packaging is little see-thru plastic jewellery snap boxes with foam. More impressive than TI which came in standard tubes and static foil bags.

:)ensen.

Also received the LM3886TF's from NatSemi today. Came by FedEx from California. Package says mfg in one of a number of Asian countries and/or UK, but could not be more specific.

So far everything has been free. Next time, I will try using my home e-mail and contact info just to see if there is a difference.

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.