Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller

the remote repeat codes are often the same regardless of which key was pressed

This is the key problem. No mater what I do, with interrupts or in loop, in order to give priority to screen redraw, nano can easily miss button code change, and it keeps spamming with repeat code like nothing happened. It's a stupid limitation of Apple remote I cannot work around. With slower displays, problem gets worse. I can reproduce this every time with OLED.

This is the key problem. No mater what I do, with interrupts or in loop, in order to give priority to screen redraw, nano can easily miss button code change, and it keeps spamming with repeat code like nothing happened. It's a stupid limitation of Apple remote I cannot work around. With slower displays, problem gets worse. I can reproduce this every time with OLED.

If the screen redraw is causing slowdowns with remote code detection then what effect will it be having on LDR control, which is really the primary purpose of the Arduino?

4x2 pcbs arrived but with stupid mistake - I had two traces crossed. Easy to correct though.

4ec9628963cb565947bd3480c1049f90.jpg

2ac6b64d9304184f1f29cfe22bbffd0a.jpg

I can let them go for 2eur each plus shipping. Ping me if interested.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can't say how slow it is compared to other displays, I only have OLED working. Here's the video of the performance. You will notice that encoder changes volume faster, so it's probably not the OLED that is a bottleneck here.

https://youtu.be/_HphOZMJIgA

Maybe the delay between increments is set by this constant:

Code:
#define TIME_IGNOREREMOTE_CMD  400 // Time in millisec after IR command before repeating

There is also a constant declared as TIME_IGNOREREMOTE_VOL, but this doesn't appear to be being used.

I think I will set TIME_IGNOREREMOTE_CMD to 200 on mine as I'm not happy with the time taken to change the volume level when relying on the repeat code.

Ultra cost-effective all-in-one, single-ended, 5x2 IO integrated, non-latching relays 10X10cm pcb ;)

Since we are paying anyway for 10x10cm board with chinese PCB manufacturers, why not use the extra space;)

Takes also 4.5V NAIS AGN200A4H sub-miniature relays I happen to have bunch of;)

Attachments

• 2016-06-30_195803.png
    2016-06-30_195803.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 775
Last edited: