• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Apex A40 amplifier PCB interest check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Updated list. We have reached the 30 PCBs threshold. Price has gone down but shipping has gone up by almost 20$ so the price is staying the same. We'll stop there at 30 PCBs since I don't have much time available and shipping all these boards will take some of it... :D
There's not enough interest for the P30zf to start a new batch so only two lucky people will get my existing stock.

A40 Amplifier
bfg4wd (1x A40 set)
meanman1964 (1x A40 set)
mlloyd1 (1x A40 set)
pchw (1x A40 set + 1x P30zf leftover set)
mos (1x A40 set)
asuslover (1x A40 set)
Kay Pirinha (1x A40 set + 1x P30zf leftover set)
Junie (1x A40 set)
aradan (1x A40 set)
nik_d (2x A40 set)
Luke (1x A40 set)
joshvi (1x A40 set)

Last edited:
Can anyone look at the latest 1.6 gerbers and tell me if it's ok. I had a first look at it and it seems fine but I need a second set of eyes. I'm not the designer of this layout and I'm not a PCB designer an any shape or form. Just PM me your email address, I will ask alex_mm's permission of course. alex_mm would like the feedback. My suggestion was to cover those exposed traces since we're going 2oz copper and they're wide enough, there should be no need to expose the copper.

Thanks
Do

Can you plz try to check the interest for a group buy for that preamp Pcb ?
I would be first on the list.
Thanks

Hi asuslover,

I'll look into it but at the moment time is not on my side. Crazy at work and at home. If someone can double check the A40 layout against schematics, at least we'll have one to go and then I'll see from there.

Thanks
Do

Hi Do,

unfortunately not. But as I've said before, there are, at first glance yet, some differences to the circuitry you've posted. Thus I can't believe that this one has been the background for Alex' layout. What does Alex himself say?

Best regards!

Hi Kay,

He's the one who personnaly gave me all his gerbers and schematics. He's really busy and said he didn't have time to double check the layout. I' know he assembled v1.4 but v1.6 is double sided and a few trace changed to optimize I believe.

Thanks
Do

Hi all,

I'm about to abandon all this... I'm not able to find someone that has time to check the layout I've posted against the schematics as a second set of eyes. It is an untested layout as it is but only slightly modified from v1.4 and I don't mind running the risk for myself alone but not for everyone... I'm not the designer of either layout or schematic so I want no responsibility with this.

If everyone on the list is in agreement to get the PCB as is then let me know and I will update the current list and order accordingly.

Thanks
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.