Aloha F5 v3 Monoblock build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is currently 8 deg C outside. We're running a fireplace and the Class A amp for heat at the moment.

Sorry. Nice sunny warm day here 86 degrees (30C)

My current view;

image.jpg

I don't think those will work. it says a max continuous load of 1A.
From your rails biasing to 50W will already take you up to a 1A draw!

In my case I used a very simple RC timing circuit to control two relays to switch the thermistors out after about 18 secs.
Its crude, but it works.
However I would use something like what BigE designed. Its safer and disconnects the relays as soon as power is switched out.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...it-design-other-psu-issues-4.html#post4029746 (post 39)

BTW. Just saw your secondary boards. What size resistors are you using for source resistors?
The timer would operate the relay to drop the thermistors out. They would be on the 12vdc control circuit.

Sorry, I can follow schematics and directions, but still learning the language so to speak. What position is the "source" resistors? R15 and R16 are 47r5 and R21-24 are 1ohm, as per schematic.

The timer would operate the relay to drop the thermistors out. They would be on the 12vdc control circuit.

Sorry, I can follow schematics and directions, but still learning the language so to speak. What position is the "source" resistors? R15 and R16 are 47r5 and R21-24 are 1ohm, as per schematic.

re- the SS timer - Yep true sorry wasn't thinking correctly.

The source resistors are the 1 ohm ones. what power rating are they? They seem a little small....

The first one of the pair of Toroidy Transformers arrived yesterday. I guess between Poland and Hawaii they got seperated😥

I knew the actual size, even made a template to use while I was building the chassis so I knew it would fit, but sure looks bigger in person. 28 1/2 lbs.

The case is a work of art, a shame to hide it!

image.jpg

The first one of the pair of Toroidy Transformers arrived yesterday. I guess between Poland and Hawaii they got seperated😥

I knew the actual size, even made a template to use while I was building the chassis so I knew it would fit, but sure looks bigger in person. 28 1/2 lbs.

The case is a work of art, a shame to hide it!

View attachment 445306

Awesome ...

A loop can be a receiving aerial or a transmitting aerial or both.

Pass a varying current around a loop and the aerial transmits radiation.
Place a loop inside a varying field and the aerial receives radiation.

Eliminate the loop and you eliminate the radiation, a bit too simple but it is the part I need for this explanation.

Make a loop and you are in effect making a circuit that will emit and receive radiation.

Your three plates are circuits with Loops.
They pass large varying currents around the Loops.
They will emit radiation.

Every other loop inside your amplifier will pick up some of that radiation.

Low Loop Area is a simple topology to eliminate radiation interference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.