All Eminence OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yunick said:

On Zen mod's recomendation, I will later add this:

Ya mean, you would add that woodo part (see pic) :D

Zen Mod said:

fly away from this thread ,you rich boy!

ya have Altecs and Klipschs (well- dreky substitute ) ......... Poor Man's OB isn't thread for ya......

:devilr:

----------------

Crazy Serb

Its for us poor guys...however money is nothing compared to "the risk factor" those OB's carry...but its also a challenge...honestly guys, how many of you have the WAF test passed with OBs? Dare I ask, If SHE allowed these in your living room, what did you have to do in exchange? :clown:

By the way, I think I'll take the risk....

:cool:

Attachments

• boucherot.gif
    boucherot.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,075
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Vix said:

Ya mean, you would add that woodo part (see pic) :D

Its for us poor guys...however money is nothing compared to "the risk factor" those OB's carry...but its also a challenge...honestly guys, how many of you have the WAF test passed with OBs? Dare I ask, If SHE allowed these in your living room, what did you have to do in exchange? :clown:

By the way, I think I'll take the risk....

:cool:

hehe

I'll send you mail with needed info for dreky Eminence purchase little later ;

you know ( I think our mutual ) proverb :

"Dobar ***** - mir u kuci"

( for our non- Balkan friends :
"Good Wood****** - piece in home" )

little rough- but- if you understand it little between the lines,completely true

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
The RC I have used even on tweeter fore a number of years

What is the other secret ingredient ?

BTW ... I do not understand the use of odd component values ... PLEASE do use standard values, as several paralel components to get the whished value sounds like ¤¤¤¤ ... sorry I am not allowed to say that, but it really does ruin good sound :dead:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
tinitus said:
The RC I have used even on tweeter fore a number of years

What is the other secret ingredient ?

BTW ... I do not understand the use of odd component values ... PLEASE do use standard values, as several paralel components to get the whished value sounds like ¤¤¤¤ ... sorry I am not allowed to say that, but it really does ruin good sound :dead:

sorry- my bad ;

sometimes I just forget that we all aren't in first grade of DIY school :devilr:

yes- real physical values (with which we make our calcs) are more spreaded than correction we made to implement standard values of parts ;

in particular case: Rc=8E and C= anything between 10 and 22uF , tunable by ear - what else

Zen Mod said:
you know ( I think our mutual ) proverb :

"Dobar ***** - mir u kuci"

( for our non- Balkan friends :
"Good Wood****** - piece in home" )

little rough- but- if you understand it little between the lines,completely true

Yes, I thought it must be that way....:devilr: "If you want big speakers, you must have b...***"

mpmarino said:
You see, there is no 'little while longer' for some of us :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

see ya ;)

Well, there is a saying "The perfect is the enemy of the good". So, let's make it good.....

;)

not eminence - but....

Just came from the surplus store. Your looking at $45US worth - cleaned them out. I should be able to get a decent OB together if I felt like it. Woofs are peerless, mids are Tangband, tweets are vifa neo.

poor enough for ya?

Attachments

• lab 001.jpg
    lab 001.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,141
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.