• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X pcb groupbuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kilowattski said:
No avoiding power supply caps building any power amp. If you look at an Aleph 5 there are only 5 capacitors, 36 resistors, 4 zener diodes and 11 transistors in a standard aleph channel. If you figure (26) 1/4 watt resistors @ $0.10 ea. =$2.60, (10) 5 watt power resistors @ $1.00 ea. = $10.00, (4) zener diodes @ $0.15 ea. = $0.60, (5) capacitors @ ~ $2.00 ea. = $10.00 and transistors will cost you about $25. A toroidal transformer will cost you $50 to $75, Filter caps will cost you $12 from Apex Jr. and the heatsink should be about $20 off Ebay. The cost for one channel of an Aleph 5 should cost about $125 to $150 hence $300 total.

you make it sound so easy Kilowatski. wish it was.

i live in norway, and so i pay duble of what you do in the states ;)
neither is ebay an option, payment outside norway is not possible without paypal.
and i'm 17 so i dont have a visa, and that means no paypal. :whazzat:

but the P3A is possible as of now, and so i'm building that. for now.

maby the Aleph X will come later:rolleyes:

regards
marius

Hi Kari,

Could you please reconfirm the orders for the boards to the individual buyers, here or on the WIKI page, since there was some confusion/delay wrt. the GP etc.?

Or is the table on the WIKI page the final status and can all users who are listed there as having payed expect to receive the ordered boards?

Kari said:
I have ordered 109 mainboards and 370 driver boards. I thought it would be only fair to all to order for everyone that signed up one the wiki. However i will ship to only those who actually have paid.

Hope this helps,

Kari

That sounds more than fair. I will just let you know though that I havn't yet received your paymentdatails. We agreed on me sending cash instead of trough paypal. Do you know when you will send me the mail? I am really looking forward to your great boards.

Unclaimed PCBs

Kari,

I was thinking that I might like to double my PCB order, going for 4 channels incl. driver boards. Is there a waiting list or something for any boards that might go unclaimed?

Alternatively, could anyone who has ordered but has decided NOT to pay etc. let the Groupbuy know?

Should I change my entry in the Wiki, or wait until it all gets sorted out?

Thank You,
EFH

Hi ppl,
while we are waiting for the boards beeing manufactured i thought i'd update you all of the status. Estimated arrival to me is end of Jan, i have asked for a more specific date so stay tuned.

About the boards, i have added a terminalblock (5mm pitch)for the inputs, you can use a terminalblock or just leave it out. The pads for connecting the mainboard and driver boards have a pitch of 7.62mm so if you want to you can use a termnial block, this also applies to the driverboard. Optionally you can also use a terminalblock with a pitch 5mm on the driver board.

Here are the links to the designs beeing manufactured:
http://web.telia.com/~u85937463/driver.png
http://web.telia.com/~u85937463/alephx.png

Regards,

Kari

Update

Hi,
i have bad and good news.

The bad news is that i have today received a package with only 3 driver and 3 main boards. I phoned up my pcbfab, and it appears that our order is that big that they insist on sending sample boards first for approval before the real production.

The good news is that. i'm very glad that i did receive the samples, because the hole sizes are not correct. I have now sent the corrections to him and he will press the GO button.

So i'm kindly asking yet again for your patience.

I'll post pictures as soon as i can.

/Kari

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.