• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X pcb groupbuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What's going on with this groupbuy?

Well, Kari did say that the PCBs could reach him as late as Nov. 14; anyway, that's my understanding. If we don't hear anything from him by the 15th or 16th, perhaps we should start trying to locate him. Per-Anders has given me a mobile phone number as well as work and home addresses for a Kari Hasto (with umlauts) in Sweden, and with luck it may be the same person.
Does anyone have any other thoughts?

:confused:

At this point I am afraid I have to agree we need to try and contact him somehow and if he does not respond report him to the Sweedish authorities. At the least, we have given him a chance to respond to our pleas. He has collected well over $1000 USD so far and should be held accountable. If we find out that something has happened to him or encountered some sort of hardship, I think we will all understand, forgive and be patient, but at this point I believe that we deserve to know the status of our monies. If anyone can help us contact him and put this to rest please do, as this will most certainly give future group buys a permanent black eye.

This post also appears in the Pass Labs Forum.

I couldn't contain my curiosity any longer, and called Kari on his mobile. He answered, and apologized for not having logged on recently. He has been hit "like a bolt from the blue" by a serious family crisis, and has been required to devote all his time to his family. He said that he intends for the group buy to continue, but on a delayed schedule, possibly in late December or January. His current intention is to refund payments that went through, so that people can choose again whether or not to participate when the PCB order is actually about to happen. He also said that he will try to post on diyAudio tomorrow or the next day, to let us all know what's going on.

EFHeath said:
He said that he intends for the group buy to continue, but on a delayed schedule, possibly in late December or January. His current intention is to refund payments that went through, so that people can choose again whether or not to participate when the PCB order is actually about to happen. He also said that he will try to post on diyAudio tomorrow or the next day, to let us all know what's going on.
Isn't it better to refund for who those who really wish and the rest of you waits until December, January?

Kari, du har mina sympatier and I'll hope things turn out well in the end.

Kari, with all respect to your situation. The least you could do is post a reply about the current status of your situation and the groupbuy. I think we have waited long enough for this. You own well over 1000 dollar (estimated) of al the groupbuy members. So update us or refund the money. Good luck.

Perhaps if everyone contacts him, he will at last respond.

Here is his contact information:

Deleted /peranders

I wondered about posting his contact information, but I feel that he is abusing our trust. Given the nature of his family emergency, and his lack of follow-through on this project, I begin to doubt whether we will ever see PCBs OR our funds.

I have talked to Kari on the phone and he says:

Those of you who want a refund, send Kari a message about this.

Those of you who want to have your boards, lay low untill January when he plans to order the pcb's and also will have time for this.

Kari through Per-Anders

Notice also that the dollar has dropped significantly so it may be necessary for Kari to charge more but this was only a remark from me.

EFHeath said:
Perhaps if everyone contacts him, he will at last respond.
I wondered about posting his contact information, but I feel that he is abusing our trust. Given the nature of his family emergency, and his lack of follow-through on this project, I begin to doubt whether we will ever see PCBs OR our funds.
I beg you all to show Kari some respect. I volunter to be the contact person. He has a small baby and I'll guess he doesn't want phone calls in late hours.

oh, I'v hagged at them for years at different occations, but they are aways so damn catious, thinking the web is always so damn dangerous. they dont seem to get that a virus\trojan free computer eliminates the risk completly with todays solutions.

but laying low it is then.

ps: sorry i never mailed you back when asking about gainclones, but i wan't shure how reject you nicely, so to say :D

I'm also annoyed because Kari is not responding, and I have also doubts whether we will receive our PCB's.

But the posting of his adres and telephone number is a little premature. I think it's not correct to post them for everyone to see. It would have been better to send the adres and phone number by mail at request.

This posting of adres and phone number is dangerous. Very unwanted things are possible. Ppl taking unwanted premature actions, taking right into their own hands.

Like Peranders said, wait until januari. (I don't like the waiting either). Peranders jas volunteered to be the contactperson with Kari.

Peranders, you are a moderator. Can you remove the adres and phone number from both forums?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.