• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph-X pcb groupbuy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
TheJudge said:
I really like to have these PCB's, but I'm a little afraid to pay. What should I do? :xeye:

well, he did post the layouts, so i guess you could etch them yourself, or if you dont have teh equipment, ask someone who do.

schools who have electronic classes has that cind of equipment, you canjust give'm a call and ask i you can borrow it for a hour.

thats what i'l be doing. dont look like this is going anywhere..

Hi,
as i'm on a business trip the whole week i have 2 things to do on the evenings, enjoy at least 5 beers or fix the final touch on the boards. Well i'm going to do both :cool:

The boards are coming up really great, i still want to ask you about the padsizes. 2,5mm2 cabel needs a 1.8mm hole so i'm planning on using a pad size of 6mm with a 2mm hole, all this for the power and connections to the driver/ccs boards. Does this sound OK?

demogorgon: add yourself to the wiki and we'll fix the payment.

At the moment there are 96 mainboard and 326 driver/ccs boards on order!

/Kari

Why not also space them 7.5mm apart so we could use a PCB terminal block if we wished. If one wants to make a repair or modification, soldering and desoldering those large wires only a few times will most likely destroy the pads on the board. If you look inside one of Nelson Pass's production amps you will see he does use terminal blocks. If you look closely you can see them. Certainly couldn't hurt to but the proper spacing for a pcb terminal block and let the builder decide if he or she wants to use them. BTW, you should do this on both the main PCB and the Gain/CSS boards. Oh and please work on the board first, then have your 5 beers.;) :D

Attachments

• x150insidep9.jpg
    x150insidep9.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 665
No avoiding power supply caps building any power amp. If you look at an Aleph 5 there are only 5 capacitors, 36 resistors, 4 zener diodes and 11 transistors in a standard aleph channel. If you figure (26) 1/4 watt resistors @ $0.10 ea. =$2.60, (10) 5 watt power resistors @ $1.00 ea. = $10.00, (4) zener diodes @ $0.15 ea. = $0.60, (5) capacitors @ ~ $2.00 ea. = $10.00 and transistors will cost you about $25. A toroidal transformer will cost you $50 to $75, Filter caps will cost you $12 from Apex Jr. and the heatsink should be about $20 off Ebay. The cost for one channel of an Aleph 5 should cost about $125 to $150 hence $300 total.

Hi Kari

I have sent you email yet again, but I have not received any answer. I know you properly has alot of other things todo, at this time of the year, but according to the wiki, the deadline for payment is the first of january.

To make it easier, I have copied my mail here:

Hi Kari
I can't seem to get my paypal to work properly. I therefor ask if I can send you cash instead. I really really hope that is possible, because I really want to build the Aleph-X, but I dont think that I would be able to make the pcb myself.

If you accept cash, what should it be? Swedish kroner, danish kroner or american dollars. I have ordered 4 mainboards, and that is 33,6 dollars.

Regards
Lars P. Madsen aka Lpm76
Denmark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.