Aleph PCB group order

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i will post on the thread to let everyone know about "last call" so to speak. Prior to which, I will be emailing all that have contacted me to ask for payment. I have been holding on responses recently as I'm waiting to hear back from Brian again on the mods (this is NOT a hint to rush, Brian). Just letting all know what the status is....

So, please don't worry if I haven't gotten back to you yet.

I can't wait to get these things :) I've been drooling over an Aleph since I found this forum about a year ago... Now, I finally have some money to afford to splurge a little bit :D

TTFN...

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Tieftoener said:
i will post on the thread to let everyone know about "last call" so to speak. Prior to which, I will be emailing all that have contacted me to ask for payment. I have been holding on responses recently as I'm waiting to hear back from Brian again on the mods (this is NOT a hint to rush, Brian). Just letting all know what the status is....

So, please don't worry if I haven't gotten back to you yet.

I can't wait to get these things :) I've been drooling over an Aleph since I found this forum about a year ago... Now, I finally have some money to afford to splurge a little bit :D

TTFN...

I am here :) You mentioned just adding a ground plane on the top layer. Is the the only intention for the modifications? Is there anything else desired? More changes can be done if desired.

EDIT: If you are going to not be constrained to a single layer board, there are a few other areas where lines can be shorted by using both layers. Making a new aleph pcb would probably only take a couple of hours, since I already have the schematic entered in. I have a busy week, but I am interested in working on a layout this weekend. Hopefully I will post some pictures at the end of the weekend, and if it looks better, then it can be used, otherwise, the old one can be used.

As for noticing an earlier comment about spacing for bigger capacitors, what spacing is desired. I can easily accomidate for this.

--
Brian

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Aleph main boards

jewilson said:
Tieftoener

Are there going to be any changes to the PCB layout. There are several things that should be changed, like the area for the 220uf caps, and traces.

Jim,

changes are definately a possibility. Please post details on what you would like to have changed, as in:

1) what sizes are desired for the capacitors
2) what traces do you desire to have changed?

--
Brian

OK Here is the size of the 220uF caps that I have. They are Nichichon 220uF 63V radial lead and are 125mm diameter with a lead spacing of about 50mm(sorry I used a ruler...whatever the standard spacing is around that size). Although it doesn't matter for the board, they are 200mm long.

Hope this helps
John S.

>I think you meen 12,5 mm diameter, 5,0 mm spacing, and a hight of 20,0 mm

Thanks Nils!! I'm obviously Metric impaired :eek: Don't know what I was thinking.

I guess if the lead spacing and case size is going to be an issue for different people/cap selections maybe it should be simply made up of a few "standard" options for lead spacing and ample room to cover ANY typical small cap size without trying to make that particular area a tight fit at all. Like pick a chunky fat cap size and then leave an extra 1/8" all around...just in case. But I haven't looked at the actual layout to see what the area looks like yet for the 220uF....maybe it's tight there?

John S.

Brian,

Since you are taking suggestions to improve your PCB layout, here are two items:

1) Space the connections to accomodate terminal blocks.

2) Move the output to the edge, next to the inputs. I realize that this one involves a bit more work, but eliminates the wire crossing over the board.

:cool:

I wouldn't mind if the boards are for Aleph and not for Aleph X.
I want to built one. My problem is that I'm not sure which Aleph, because I think my B&W's need some more power than the 30W of the Aleph 30, that it is the one I was planning to built.

Algar_emi suggested me an Aleph 5, but what about an Aleph 60?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.