• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph J-X pcb group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Patience grasshoppers,I believe earlier in the thread Peter mentioned once a X has been successfully built and he is satisfied with it he will run some more. I have always wanted to build a higher powered X amp but was a little daunted by the fiddling required to get offset to acceptable levels. If this one works out I will have to build one.

Bill

Patience grasshoppers,I believe earlier in the thread Peter mentioned once a X has been successfully built and he is satisfied with it he will run some more. I have always wanted to build a higher powered X amp but was a little daunted by the fiddling required to get offset to acceptable levels. If this one works out I will have to build one.

Bill

Im the same, thats why I chose to build Cheffs UGS Power, it seems to be more stable and reports are it sounds good. I also like that it can deliver more than its bias current. Im surprised more poeple didnt buy Cheffs boards actually.

BTW I am not sugesting this is not a good project, I bought my UGS boards before this GB:)

Bill

So then those with boards, get to building! Chop chop. :smash: :D

Resistor recommendation

Peter,
I have finally gotten around to populating your Aleph J boards and ordered Vishay Dale RN65 resistors, only to discover they are Huge! I read your post somewhere that you recommend the Vishay Dale CFM 50's, but these are nominally rated at 1/4 watt. Are CFM 55's better suited or are 50's indeed OK? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.