Aleph J Schematic

Do you see any advantage in doing so?

In general yes: Shorter signal path, the signal only "sees" 1 ( paralleled, hence lower inductance ?) resistor and 2 solder joints instead of 4 in series, and one copper trace less. In this particular position it may not be worthwhile but if it was the primary signal going thru the resistors I would certainly parallel them. In my philosophy every little detail (that I'm aware of) counts but I AM a nitpicker.

HBarske said:
Scandy way

iirc, Lars Clausen picked that setup for the PS of his power amp design.

Instead of 8*C-15*R-8*C, 8 times 1*C-2*R-1*C.
Requires adding a 16th R, using a 19.1 Ohm E24 or a 20 Ohm E96 (and swallow an additional 0.2 Volts drop across the CRC)
Much nicer(imo), but a lot more work on the PCB layout.

Referring to the layout from the 11th, don't fancy the fender bender path for a 4 amps current level. (Geschmack Sache)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:

iirc, Lars Clausen picked that setup for the PS of his power amp design.

Instead of 8*C-15*R-8*C, 8 times 1*C-2*R-1*C.
Requires adding a 16th R, using a 19.1 Ohm E24 or a 20 Ohm E96 (and swallow an additional 0.2 Volts drop across the CRC)
Much nicer(imo), but a lot more work on the PCB layout.

Referring to the layout from the 11th, don't fancy the fender bender path for a 4 amps current level. (Geschmack Sache)

ya nutz.

where's da pic ?

I'm dumb .

Holger's layout for a 2-channel single phase PS board is on page 4 of the thread.
Much more flexible to parts choice, the latest layout choice only allows biggy elko's.

Pictures of the multiple CRC board have been posted (and discussed) on this forum, i'd have to go through my image junk data to find it.

(you could ask Vati-P to post his approval at the German forum, instead of naming the 3 PLF stooges)

[off topic]

Hannes,

ich hab total kein Bock mich mit dir zu unterhalten, und recht gar nicht mit PN.

Die meisten Leute hier haben total keine Ahnüng wehm ich gemeint habe, entweder sie sprechen kein Deutsch oder lesen Holger's Thread nicht.
Meiner Meinung nach habe ich mich sehr Diplomatisch ausgedrückt beim formulieren meiner Ansicht, sogar Holger war nicht im klahren was HA-tsjoe bedeutete.
Und ja, meiner Meinung nach gibt es ein Unterschied zwischen ein Chef-Redakteur einer "gewissen" Magazin und ein Rookie.
Mir gefählt dein Ton genauso wehnig wie es die Leute auf dem Analog Forum gefählt.
In Holger's Wörte : der Ton macht die Musik.

Sich auf dieses Forum zu presentieren als sympatischer NewBee und auf ne Deutschsprachigen als durchsagender Besserwisser, das macht nur ein Spiessbürger.
Gestanden, die Sache mit A'af hat schon ein fauler Geschmack hinterlassen.
"Liebe Grüsse" beeindrucken nur wenn die offenherzig gemeint sind.

Noblesse oblige : in deiner Sprache.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jacco vermeulen said:
Holger's .........

HBarske said:

Of course .........

yo , stooges - why don't ya talk serbian, so entire world can understand ya .......... ?

:rofl:

anyway - I prepared 20 x 10KuF + 2 x 9mH/5A + 2x 22V/800VA donut for my never ending Babelfish .

seems that I'll make HP amp before proper biggie one ;)

more caps - better , especially when they are cheap and you can put plenty of them

boiled water , scavenger dream, whatever .......