Aleph J Schematic

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
chinsettawong said:
Hello!

I am new to this forum and I am very interested in building this Aleph J. As I cannot find any article or information leading to this Aleph J design, can someone please point me to where I can find the related article, if there is any?

Thanks.

Wachara C.

www.firstwatt.com

this thread

almost every Aleph related thread

Babelfish thread (if you like to laugh)

etc.

Just a couple of suggestions for the PCB.

Move the 3 resistors circled in red farther away from the solder pads they cross, similar to the same resistor at the top right.

See the suggested layout for the LED and resistor placement change made in this mock-up.

-David

Attachments

• aleph-j pcb suggestion.jpg
    aleph-j pcb suggestion.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,861
Thx Dave for taking care.
Done as you proposed, and added that "if you want to, you can add a trim pot to R8 / R27 and, after fiddling out the correct value, you may replace it with a fixed R; if you don't care at all, just solder those yellow jumpers"-feature:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Holger,

Nice work so far. Of course we have to have the "Steeno" multi-cap option for C1, that was recently added. :D

Could we see a version without the silk screen or components in place? It would be nice to see the gaps between the traces and pads.

One other thought is to move the V+ slightly to the left for more clearance.

-David

Dave,
here ya go: http://www.hb001.de/alephjpcbbottom_rc8.pdf
Drill sizes minmized, easier for homemade pcbs.

It would be nice to see the gaps between the traces and pads.
Clearance is above 8 mil everywhere, this is what most board houses ask.

One other thought is to move the V+ slightly to the left for more clearance.
Not a good idea. Need some space for the pcb mounting studs around the corner holes. Moving the pad to the left might cause a short between V+ and the grounded chassis.