Aleph J Schematic

ah, sorry for double post above
schultzsch, I did tried decoupling R24 (C3 in my case), difference in mids, ZM is right some like it, some not. I think with R24 in place things are more transparent, decoupled bit muddy there but sweet :) thanks for your tips, here is my humble AJ-2SK1530's , C3 decoupled

Attachments

• IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 550
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Jacco, interesting for me too.....:D

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/59543-need-help-j-fet-problem-print.html

The substrate is separate on the dual FETs. You have to figure out how to handle the substrate pin. (The data sheet is *not* the best resource here.)

Hi Charles,
what do you think ist the best connection when using these parts in a LTP? Connecting the substate together with the sources?

Charles Hansen 7th July 2005 03:29 AM
You will have to measure the connection from the substrate pin to the other pins with the "diode" mode of a multi-meter. A parasitic diode exists between some connections, which should not be forward biased. Once you have determined which connnections are allowable, you will need to do some listening tests (like everything else in audio!) to see what connection sounds best.

hello again :D

I have a little question for you guys...
Normally my amp stabilizes at 180Wpc consumption from wall outlet after an hour since power on and now these days he stabilizes at 220Wpc.
Do you have any ideas why he does this??
the only change was made is the room temperature wich increased these summer days...

Thanks

Last edited:
Pin 4 is there for a reason.
Do a search for what Mr Charles Hansen posted about the substrate connection.

Thanks Jacco, interesting for me too.....:D

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/59543-need-help-j-fet-problem-print.html

The substrate is separate on the dual FETs. You have to figure out how to handle the substrate pin. (The data sheet is *not* the best resource here.)

Hi Charles,
what do you think ist the best connection when using these parts in a LTP? Connecting the substate together with the sources?

Charles Hansen 7th July 2005 03:29 AM
You will have to measure the connection from the substrate pin to the other pins with the "diode" mode of a multi-meter. A parasitic diode exists between some connections, which should not be forward biased. Once you have determined which connnections are allowable, you will need to do some listening tests (like everything else in audio!) to see what connection sounds best.

thanks guys! I had no idea, so I guess 2 x j74 doesnt make a j109 afterall

Hello again
I gathered some money and i want to finish my amp.I would like to buy Rifa capacitors for the power supply.
I am referring to these ones Elettrolitici Condensatore elettrolitico 40V 47 000uF Evox-Rifa PEH200KJ5470MB2 consegna in 24 ore and to be more speciffic I would like to use 4 of these on each channel in crc(clc in future)network.They whitstand 22 amps ripple and when simulating with PSU Designer II I get 20mV ripple.Are these good enough for my Aleph J biased at 3.2Amps and my 88dB speakers ?