Aleph J illustrated build guide

3pcs of CL60 in series , even better

I think you need a little resistance in series with each thermistor to keep things even, like 0.47R .

Well, there are four slots. Is there a nice combo of CL-60 and resistors that could be laid out. I'm all for functionality AND aesthetics.:cool:

EDIT- You guys are posting while I'm writing. Not sure if the "new" softstart board is the same (or close enough) to V2, but I believe that the four large resistors are in parallel in that arrangement, no?

Am I to run 3 CL-60's in series, on one of the resistor slots?

Last edited:
tumblr_n1xh7pku9w1qz802uo1_500.png

I finally put my Aleph J into my main system and it sings. But where I have it, it does not get a lot of air circulation and it gets a lot hotter than when I had it in my computer room on top of a large table. I am thinking of installing a small--quiet --fan behind the amp.
Any suggestions or recommendations for a specific fan?

I think that I just need to move the air a bit. I found a few at coolerguys.com. This one looks interesting: Coolerguys Dual Blower Fan Component Cooler with Manual Speed Control (Lite)
They have a few others that might do also. There is another that is a pair of 120mm fans that would either blow over the top or suck air in.
I have limited options wrt placing the amp, Bob, and a fairly significant WAF to deal with.