Aksa Lender P-MOS Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Amplifier

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Maybe in Europe but BMW USA is 6cyl or V8, both turbocharged.

BMW 7 Series Sedan - Model Overview – BMW USA

Being the ultimate expression of luxury never gets old. And never goes out of style.
Meet the sedans that live up to their reputation. Two legendary TwinPower Turbo engines – a 4.4-liter V-8 in the 750i, and a 3.0-liter inline-6 in the 740i – provide power befitting a flagship BMW. And with sumptuous interiors boasting a host of incredible features and options, the experience is nothing short of first class.

But the Alpha BB is definitely like a turbo V8. :). Heck, it even has four ducted cooling fans and fins and pipes.

Last edited:
The USA Fords do not have EU type approval, this is reason they are relatively affordable here. Each car gets tested and you might know the persons testing the cars emissions, engine only needs to turn, running on 2 cylinders is allowed, running on very lean mixture is allowed, LPG or CNG fuel is allowed. Then these measured emissions lead to taxes. Far lower than if official type approval tests were done. A Ford F150 supercrew Raptor "new" on the road after manipulated testing is 118k euros here in Netherlands, 55k euros was its US price. This is a V6, modern engine for Americans.

Just had to check if I remember right, tax on average is 40-50% in here and it depends of emissions manufacturer claims. No further testing as I can recall. Funny how regulations variate through (EU) countries :) it seems that it's more expensive to buy car in here than Netherlands, but is's more expensive to own a car in Netherlands. I'll earn maybe about same as average worker in Finland, and I can afford to drive with -05 Subaru without taking a loan :D

Sorry, this has gone totally off-topic :D

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Drug dealers drive blinged-out gold-plated Escalades...

08ab8fe0e98e341207eb69c1dda504e4.jpg

Ok, does anyone use Class A amps in car audio?

This boards allows two configurations:
- to build a linear supply
- or a SMPS supply

For the moment the bards are the following:
- two CLC EMI filter input boards (using faston or XLR)
- one dual rectifier bridges (TO247/220 SK489 mounted)
- one @Prasi/JUMA CAPMx board
- one dual+/-V CRCRCRC board

And central GROUND to CHASSIS over NTC, capacitor and rectifier on the CRCRCRC board.

I´ll add two additional boards with rocker switch one for DC use (SPMS) and one for AC use (linear) to be mounted on the front plate.

@X, after checking, no additional costs for panel! Perhaps ordering unity boaards, I don´t know for the moment.

JP

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    443.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 326
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Prasi/Juma capmx didn't work either Vunce or me, it seems to oscillate atleast with class-a amp?

It was designed for typical “Pass” Class A designs at 1.25amp. It worked fine on my Class AB amps and small Class A (under 500mA) but I also noticed oscillation or noise added on Alpha at 1.35amps. There may be some adjustments to the on-board snubber needed. Or even a snubber between the drain and gate?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have been exploring making a very powerful headphone amp with an Alpha. Looks like with some adjustments to the resistor setpoints I can get 144mA bias at +/-25v for only 6w dissipation per channel. This can drive 50ohm headphones to 2.25wrms (30vpp). Some very low sensitivity planars need this kind of drive. At full power of 2.25wrms the THD is still only 0.025% with a good harmonic profile.

Attachments

• 24E1DD9B-D127-43C1-A183-FBB075EB892E.jpeg
    24E1DD9B-D127-43C1-A183-FBB075EB892E.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 304
Last edited: