ADC using ES9102/9112

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool, it'll just fit nice in an appropriate enclosure beside the other ESSs.

DAC-Setup2014-03-23_zpsacd34cf1.jpg

PS: Look at the S/R and in case the picture zooming does blur ...

Attachments

• DAC - SR Details.JPG
    DAC - SR Details.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I got the datasheets of ES9018 and ES9102 ... looking forward to control the chip by SW ...

As far as I read, the chips internal RIAA is only @ 48K S/R. Does force one to use software for the RIAA correction, is more flexible anyhow.

Any recommendation on I2S -> USB at this level of quality ?

I got the datasheets of ES9018 and ES9102 ... looking forward to control the chip by SW ...

As far as I read, the chips internal RIAA is only @ 48K S/R. Does force one to use software for the RIAA correction, is more flexible anyhow.

Any recommendation on I2S -> USB at this level of quality ?

Very impressive setup. Yes, software control gives better flexibility.
As for I2S -> USB there has been some discussions already:
This looks suitable:
miniStreamer | MiniDSP

and GoldWave Audio Capture/Editor Software

ehum ... that one is 'only' 96/24 .... I already have one that does 192/24 audio play and record ... and yes I've read about the nonsense about more than 20 bits, noise floor, etc ... but I still want it all ...

I'm looking for 384/32 ... whether it makes sense ... different discussion ... same with woman ... sometimes it is beyond the facts ...

and yes I do have the amanero but that is only USB -> I2S/DSD I require the other way around ...

I'm looking for 384/32 ... whether it makes sense ... different discussion ... same with woman ... sometimes it is beyond the facts ...

Agree, the ADC produces full 32bit res and we should take it all in and see.
(It can also do 16 or 24bits to match compatible systems)

I would also like to see something that is more direct than going through a USB layer ...>

Attachments

• DSR.png
    DSR.png
    4 KB · Views: 364
Agree, the ADC produces full 32bit res and we should take it all in and see.
(It can also do 16 or 24bits to match compatible systems)

I would also like to see something that is more direct than going through a USB layer ...>

do you think a STM32F429 will do the job ?

MCU based upon Cortex M4 32 bits @ max. 180 MHz clock, just in case you didn't know ....

Learning kit for low price, I bet there is I2S avail

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.