ADC using ES9102/9112

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Acko, a few more Qs...

# Is it possible/desirable to hotrod 2 of the 3,3V to 3,6V also on the A/D chip?

# Could you please say something about each of the power feeding wrt. to its load characteristics in terms of frequency distribution... I'll start below put please correct and make it complete...

- AVDD (1,2V): LF (< 192 khz)
- DVDD (1,2V):
- AVCC (3,3V):
- DVCC (3,3V):
- VOSC (3,V): HF (> 48Mhz, < 100Mhz)

Would these be the same as for AKD12?

//

Last edited:
AKR12 1.2V Reg

You will need four AKR75s, for each of the 3.3V supplies as shown. 1.2V types -TBA

1.2V type with matching form factor and pinouts. -AKR12. Suits AVDD_L, AVDD_R and DVDD supplies (x3) of this ADC
Spreadsheet has been updated. Now with options for bare boards also. Offer limited to this GB only:
AKRxx GB

Last edited:
Acko, a few more Qs...

# Is it possible/desirable to hotrod 2 of the 3,3V to 3,6V also on the A/D chip?

# Could you please say something about each of the power feeding wrt. to its load characteristics in terms of frequency distribution... I'll start below put please correct and make it complete...

- DVDD (1,2V):
- AVCC (3,3V):
- DVCC (3,3V):

Would these be the same as for AKD12?

//

Power supplies for this ADC look similar to 9018 DAC so pretty much the same requirements. Not sure if AVCC can be increased higher. Will check and advise details later.
LDOs like ADM7150, ADP151, TPS7A47, LT176x look well suited

Last edited:
Cbyp seem to have great impact on noise. Will the board have the possibility to accommodate say 470uF?

Which LDO are you using for the 1,2V version?

//

Caps are ceramic as per Analog Devices ref but there are provisions to mount Organic Polymer or Tantalum caps, smd 2917 size. Also, 1uf film caps in parallel for added benefit - makes it a little bulky though.

1.2V uses ADP151 but with options for other types for example LT1763,1963, LP5970 or similar.

Last edited:
This the latest preview. Very much close to finishing the layout.
Labels "A, B, C & D" are link pads for different Fs in hardware mode. More links underneath the board for mode, address select, etc

Order form can be found here:
AKA102B GB

I will need order for at least 24 boards to progress further.
Limited stock of 9102 chips - latest RevC type.
Lead times for chips ~6-8wks
Priority for those who have registered interest earlier. Please check and update accordingly.
Request for payment will be made when boards are ready for fab
More work to be done ...
Thank you for your support :)

Boards are ready for fab. GB is closed.
I will be requesting prepayments soon.
It will take about 4 wks to complete depending on your build options
Thank you for your support.

Power Supplies

I've added myself to the AKR75 GB, but have not been following closely enough and unsure of what I need exactly.

Recommended, all separate power supplies: 3.3V x 4 and 1.2V x 3 supplies as shown and these can be powered by a single Master PSU. AKR series regulators shown have very high PSSR and a simple unregulated master PSU will do. Other 3-term regulators (78xx pinouts) will also be suitable .e.g Hynes, Belleson etc,

Attachments

• AKA102B Power .png
    AKA102B Power .png
    64.1 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Output impedance

- DVDD (1,2V):
- AVCC (3,3V):
- DVCC (3,3V):
//

The effective output impedance will also depend on the load interaction and is usually not published by most manufacturers.
However, in consultation with Analog Devices (whose chips are used in the AKR series) and the load characteristics of the ADC module, the effective output impedance is <10mOhm from dc to 50MHz. Rest assured the ultra-low noise and dynamic performance makes them an excellent choice for this ADC project and even other similar applications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.