AD1865 the best DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about the issue with L&R channels being off a few microseconds? Is Audionote correcting this with their DAC's, is there a means to reclock without adding significant complexity? IS it a non issue? As a headphone listener it is a bigger issue I believe?
At far as I know Audionote seems to be OK in all their models with that 11.34uS delay and nobody cares about it.
Although using a single CPLD one could fix this. Unfortunately there are very few who knows Verilog or VHDL to do this :| and using 11 ICs is not appealing to anybody to correct this.

What's more interesting for me is that Audionote is OK with the jitter coming from its CS8414 receiver. They don't try to eradicate this jitter with secondary PLL solution or input an external XO clock into CS8414 (as in DDDAC) and they are still appraised for their sound.

Last edited:
At far as I know Audionote seems to be OK in all their models with that 11.34uS delay and nobody cares about it.
Although using a single CPLD one could fix this. Unfortunately there are very few who knows Verilog or VHDL to do this :| and using 11 ICs is not appealing to anybody to correct this.

What's more interesting for me is that Audionote is OK with the jitter coming from its CS8414 receiver. They don't try to eradicate this jitter with secondary PLL solution or input an external XO clock into CS8414 (as in DDDAC) and they are still appraised for their sound.

Thanks for the info. I'm afraid with headphones this 11.34uS delay would create an artificial reverb. I know the PCM56 also has this issue, I guess its yet another issue keeping me from building an NOS DAC, probably just stick to a PMD100.

After some test with No oversampling DAC chip I think that the AD1865 is the best.

If compared to the new technology DAC chips like AD1955 and CS4397 since to be more natural.

The old TDA have a too close sound and with these some particulars are lost.

The preview of my article is here
No Oversamplig DAC

But where I can get some AD1865 chips to create a kit ?

Someone have tested the AD1861 or the AD1851 with th esame technology ?

I have some opinion and some question.

1. How do you know which one (any DAC) give you more natural? Did you stay with them to listen while they did the record?

2. What are systems the sound engineer use for recording? A/D with Non oversampling? 24bit/96k/192k/386k or 16bit/44.1k.

3. The guy who's love non-oversampling probably love noise (me too, if music has no noise sometime it's too quiet (for me)). Good ideal to do non oversampling if i don't has digital filter.

4. We should go to concert. We should not listen the playback in small room.

5. The nature of human, nothing is enough so nothing is the best.

6. Audio Design Guide <- This side is must not be the guide it's not good for reference and unfair for all vendors who's make DAC. Use the hardwire and SMD-to-DIP adaptor with digital circuit :down:. Hope OS-can can operate as well. EMI? Good luck.

7. I believe the people they love DIY hobby because they fun :)

8. The life is color (for me)

Hi! There are a lot of my friends have used the DAC-end2, and they both noticed the sound is very natural, honest, warm!

Hi quanghao,

Thanks for your comments. Sound character is no matter for me on this topic.

If we look back to my previous post at 1st and 2nd question.
-1st, i never heard the original sound while sound engineer was recording. How do i know the sound that i hear from the whole system is the sound reproduction/natural? What does the natural mean? Reproduction?

-2nd, I just need to know which way that 100% of Audiophile studio in the world is used for the recording. They perform natural way (Non-oversampling) or not perform.

-6th, In the Audio Design Guide website. The fact is everything in there break the mixed-signal layout design rule (technical term for Engineering in the world). But it's doesn't mean the sound is not good because a lot of people may like its sound (Practical term for some group).

However, it's just my opinion and logic. Finally, everything is upto the end user which one is their favorite sound. Hope these make sense.
Thanks,
Moddang.

-2nd, I just need to know which way that 100% of Audiophile studio in the world is used for the recording. They perform natural way (Non-oversampling) or not perform.

Recording studios use ADC's , once in the digital domain it would not be prudent to insert a DAC as that would add an analog generation so studios really don't use DAC in the signal chain much at all.

I have these one DAC

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And only output stage

Everything working fine but sound is poor, weak, not smooth!

Maybe the somethnig is wrong adj. with those 2+2 h. trimers?

Any suggestion will bi fine!!

Thanks.

Regards zeoN_Rider

Joined 2002
Paid Member
schematic

I/V schematic

Arne K

Attachments

• Scan10003.gif
    Scan10003.gif
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,279
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.