Active Crossover Activity thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah!

Attachments

• cza0266l.jpg
    cza0266l.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 637
been there done that

"Actually,
it would be better if I wasn't doing anything, I am being counter productive by wrecking very expensive stuff."

been there done that...i remember in grad school...destroyed everything in the lab one week and then went home and blew up a roommates amp and the others speakers...

oh yeah....and i'm still unemployed jocko..but i have an interview tomorrow...after 2 years of this i'm not sure i remember how to work

rt

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Please...........!

Is that the same D**ck**** who worked at New England Digital?

Please don't attract the wrath of the Moderators on my thread! Is the guy Ethan Forbes or Herman Underwood? The person who sent me the Email asking for it's removal signed it Michael Sneed. Has anyone heard of him of is he ANOTHER fictional character?

Can now see why multiple identities are not allowed,

Fe** D*e**mann

The Transvow RC Matrix: science, fiction, and fact.

I guess it is time to clear up the confusion and come clean...........the resistor capacitor matrix was my design and the result of a couple of days of permutations to make a network with 5 resistors and one or two programing jumpers. A similar concept was used for the 5 capacitor matrix with most over the frequency steps requiring one and only a few using or two jumpers. Each of these programing networks required about a square inch of PCB real estate and could be easily laid out on single layer board. The network had about twice as many frequencies over a range of 32 Hz to 9.8K Hz. The reaction...... about a dozen and half downloads, no comments, no questions, no Email. I asked to have it taken off just to see if anybody is paying any attention at all. Between the short time of the request and the removal, about a dozen more downloads and name calling at a fictitious person who was actually me since I designed the thing! I have had complaints that nothing is happening in this thread or on my part for design of an active crossover. In the last few weeks schematics for the circuit block diagram, a discrete op amp along the lines of a topology used by Mr. Pass and the second order variable Q circuit based on the much appreciated research by moamps.

I guess everyone is content to wait for Mr. Pass or Mr. Rollins to publish or post a circuit, since so little interest has been shown. I will build only a few for myself and a few interested people. The next time anyone *****es about the lack of design input from me on the forum I want you to remember this...... I will go back to being a trouble maker since it is much more fun and much less work.

Fred

PS
The names referred to in this social experiment and on the schematic:

Transvox, Forbes, Underwood, and Snead

were from Grey Rollins story "Tower of Babel" in the November 2002 issue of ANALOG.

The first rule of fight club,

Is never talk about fight club.

As far as imaginary people go, I haven’t ever seen any one either than yourself mention having ever seen you and Jocko together. I'm beginning to think that perhaps you are perhaps a manifestation of his (your?) imagination. A sort of alter ego that’s a little quicker to tell people what is really on your mind.

NED built the Synclavier, it was likely the first largely manufactured digital audio workstation.

I looked at your R/C table. I thought the more interesting parts of the discussion came before that. Nothing that I could add, so I don’t post. It was a nice touch, doubling the resolution at the center of the audible band, and nope I didnt noitce it unitl you mentioned it.

I hope your having fun with stuff, I know that your consistently add an interesting diversion to this cubical rats day.

Thanks Fred.
-Dave

Attachments

• fight club.jpg
    fight club.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 605
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
I am a man of constant sorrow......

"I haven't ever seen any one either than yourself mention having ever seen you and Jocko together."

How can you not love a guy who is a Dr. Srangelove and Fight club fan. Gentleman no fighting in the War Room!

Jam has. The last time he was Gone To Texas. He knows it was real because we made him pick up the check. Jock is a real and distinct entity. I'm am sure of this because I I have to pick up the check (actually my wife does but she wasn't with us.) The only serious philosophical difference between us is that he picks the beef out his Broccoli Beef and I pick out the broccoli, which balances the forces of Yin and Yang keeps us from getting thrown out of our favorite Chinese buffet. If there are three people at dinner the one who pays is not Jocko or me. If you go out to eat with someone and he reaches for the check it is not either one of us.:whazzat: If he doesn't even look at the check, it is probably Jocko.:nod: However.... he will do about $30 of lawn work for about $10 worth of food. :confused: I have a theory that this is to work up his appetite when free food is part of the deal. if anyone is in the Dallas area sometime feel to feed us. We are such nice guys that we won't even order dessert.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.