• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aavid Thermalloy Possible Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
neb001 said:
Updated wiki entry to show my contribution :)

Well that was quite a boost to our numbers, just to be sure your order will come to about $910 US before shipping.

On a seperate note, I have gone back to R-theta and asked if we can do any better on final pricing as we quickly approach the close of this GB.

Once the funds are collected, I anticipate 10 days from the 19th for completion of that phase of the GB, I will place the orders for materials.
Once materials are ordered it will be too late to join in, so make sure you are on board long before that point.

Anthony

TedS said:

Would that Conrad heat sink work with this chassis kit? Or is this a wishful statement?

Ted

The Contrad heatsinks are 13.7795" long (Wide) and 5.964" high.

The top and bottom plates are 13.9" long x 11" wide, the width is not affected but the plates would be 0.1205 to long for the Conrad heatsinks.

The front and back plates are 17" approx wide x 6" high on the small chassis kit, the width would be unaffected but the hieght would be an issue. The front plate would still work as it would mask the hieght difference but the back plate would overhang at the bottom.

The Rails would all be off as well, so no the chassis kit would not work unfortunately without major rework.

Regards

Anthony

Coulomb said:

Well that was quite a boost to our numbers, just to be sure your order will come to about $910 US before shipping.

On a seperate note, I have gone back to R-theta and asked if we can do any better on final pricing as we quickly approach the close of this GB.

Once the funds are collected, I anticipate 10 days from the 19th for completion of that phase of the GB, I will place the orders for materials.
Once materials are ordered it will be too late to join in, so make sure you are on board long before that point.

Anthony

To be clear, they're not all for me, I'm helping a few friends get cases too. Thanks for arranging all of this, it's much appreciated!

Re: Wiki Updated

Coulomb said:
March 29th 2009

I have added a preliminary accounting sheet for financial transactions, this is not active as yet and will become active when I close the Initial Interest portion of this GB April 19th 2009

As there is a large US contingent in the GB, I am looking for a Member to act as a central delivery hub close to Southern Ontario, Canada. This member would need adequate space to recieve a skid of Heatsinks and have his own transportation with easy access to postal facilities. As was the case in the last GB all the boxes are prepackaged and labeled and only need to be mailed. I will transfer the funds to the US member to pay for USPS fees, as I will be the central point for collecting funds. The advantage to US members is the tax savings, (13%) as R-Theta will have a consolidated US shipment. I beleive the shipping will be cheaper from within the continental US and all customs and brokerage fees are included in one consolidated shipment and shared equally amoungst all US members.

The designated US Member must be of good standing and have the support of the group as there is an enormous amount of trust and responsibility required of this individual

Regards

Anthony

I have had one member step forward as a possible resource, but has not commited as yet. If this falls through I will still need a member to act as the US distribution point following the above conditions.

Regards

Anthony

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Anthony,

Hope you are able to get someone lined up for your US distribution point. I backed out of the accessory package ($65) because I'm taking this build on the slow lane and I already have RCAs and speaker terminals.

And my toddler promised not to lick or touch any part of the chassis - except she would not commit that she would never stand on it.:bigeyes:

sonidos said:
Anthony,

Hope you are able to get someone lined up for your US distribution point. I backed out of the accessory package ($65) because I'm taking this build on the slow lane and I already have RCAs and speaker terminals.

And my toddler promised not to lick or touch any part of the chassis - except she would not commit that she would never stand on it.:bigeyes:

OK thanks for letting me know.

Here are some GB updates I need to care of before I can finalize billing.

As we are no where near 20 kits, I am dropping the optional rear panel kit ($65) from the Group Buy.

We are at 15 of the Rear panels finished by Rear panel express and it looks like that is it. I will have to get a new price based on 15 as the quoted price was assuming we hit 20. If the interest drops off on this option we I will have to drop it as well. If we drop the professionaly finished panel the blank panel will be included in the kit.

As we only have 12 of the 6" drilled and tapped profile, 4 of which are mine, I am forced to drop this option as well.

There are two members I would ask if you can take the 10" profile inplace of the 6".

Sandbasser & Jazzbass can you please review your selections and make the appropriate decsions?

I want to get these issues resolved this week, so I can press on.

Regards

Anthony

Slight delay in getting the final numbers posted and billed. I am just waiting for confirmation from a volunteer for the US hub for distribution and believe it or not my contact at R-Theta got let go after many years due to a slow economy.

I am dealing with a new rep and going through the pricing from the quotes I have here. Should have it sorted in a few days.

Apologize for the delay.

Regards

Anthony

Joined 2007
Paid Member
layoff

Anthony,

That's a shame. I hope we get our ducks in a row (financial regulation) and that folks get their jobs back. Some reports have been on the positive side lately.

Unfortunately, everything goes in phases and the economy picks up pace sector by sector.

Hello all, please ensure you all fill in the first four columns of the next stage of the wiki so I can start calculating shipping costs.

Financial Obligations and Logistics (OPEN)
All funds will be payable in USD $ or CAD $, but are represented in one currency (CAD) for clarification.

I do need you proper names for billing and addressing. If you do not feel comfortable publishing some of this information, just mark that column "withheld". You will need to email me your DIYAudio name and all related information you withheld.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.