a wonderfull sziklai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AndrewT said:
C32 is too small.
It needs to be >= 22k/680r * sqrt(2) * 4u7F >= 215uF. Use 220uF.

C42 seems a bit big @ 47pF
R = 150 at output also seems big, only 8mA passing Q60 & 51.

Does the mirror load on the LTPs work when you have dual complementary VAS?

The 100 uF(still think that 47u is good) comes from low frequency ~5hz(not audible) => f=1/(2*3.14*R*C) ;= 0.16/(680*C);;;C=0.16/(f*R)=0.16/(680*47u)=5 hz.

C42 is calculated to minimise the noise band > pole at 154khz.(0.16/(22k*f)
Q60 and q51 working at 1mA ! not 8 . 2sc5171/1930 is working at 8-10ma. big input impedance for not oveloading vas => small thd . about the mirror ltp ...look at stochino's amp !

roender said:

Catalin,

May I suggest you to not reference CCS's biasing resistors to ground?
Try to make the input stage + VAS as much as possible a constant current compound stage.
Keep the ground as clean as possible and use a separated PSU for output stage, and for inputs stages a good ccs+shunt feedbackless PSU

Regards,
Mihai
An capacitor + another R to ground will be better ? or do you want to say something else ?
Thanks !

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Catalin, you are absolutely right about stochinos amp, but look more carefully and youll see why his vas looks the way it does. He was clever and found a way to define the vas current, try define it on your design.

In your case the mirror you hae there will help but i dont think it will overcome the problem completly

homemodder said:
Here is some info by members with much more theory knowledge than me and some diffrent ways to look at the problem. Theres many more threads I can refer to. The Jlh solution works but it has some flaws too, read the whole thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16796

It' not like his problems.
In that design the current vas don't change with the vcc.just one aspect

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Catalin the designs in that thread especially the first 2 are exactly what you have, taking away the cascodes.

You going to play a lot around with values, keep in mind that real transistors have do not match so well compared to simmed ones.
If this type of biasing worked we would have already seen thousands of amps using it, look at the date of that thread 2003, there are threads even earlier than this.

can i say one idea?

about crossover distortion...
put a mix of CFP and EF :eek:

Attachments

• cefp.gif
    cefp.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Let's discuss a little abot Current feedback !

Let's discuss a little about current feedback amps .
I obtain with this circuit :
Slew rate 200V/uS . Phase margin > 70 degrees .Thd 0.0001 % .Open loop gain 137 db ; 90db at 20khz !
Bandwith 22mhz without input filter .
What disadvantages ant what advantages it brings ?
I think that the stability is one problem .
What do you think ?

Attachments

• joy v6 c fdbck.jpg
    joy v6 c fdbck.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 948
very intresting Catalin

if Q88 is 2SA1302 maybe more stable
because in CFP OS --> hFE paramenter is foundamental
between complementary in common collectors

also

have just one point to drive Output Stage... see figure

can improve stability because front-end have a common load
:xeye:

Attachments

• one point.jpg
    one point.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 844
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.