A twisted tale about a logarithmic relay attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jleaman said:
Can we buy the smd version ?

It's the same PCB. I am not sure if Brian feels like offering both SMD resistors and through-hole. I can honestly say that they both sound equal to me.

I am very happy to provide a list of values if people want to get their own SMD resistors.

The Pheonix resistors are awesome though. I would encourage people to take advantage of them. They are .6W and like 25 ppm, and I think they look cool. :)

Russ White said:

It's the same PCB. I am not sure if Brian feels like offering both SMD resistors and through-hole. I can honestly say that they both sound equal to me.

I am very happy to provide a list of values if people want to get their own SMD resistors.

The Pheonix resistors are awesome though. I would encourage people to take advantage of them. They are .6W and like 25 ppm, and I think they look cool. :)

I only ask because i want to use all smd and play with it and use it. My last Mini Aleph amps were smd and they sound alot better than the through hole one's.

P.s Is there a way i can talk to you about something Please email me ?

I built a self powered 2 transistor 74S05 tait programmer too, getting solid 5V and 13V on respective points off 2 9V batteries in series.

I have asked a friend to come and pick both up and go test it on his PC, so I'll wait for his feedback.

How did you overcome the problem Brian? After 7 days of non-stop battleing to get circuits components and done, I am pretty stumped.

Kits

So, still waiting for the fixed production boards to arrive, but here is a sneak peak of a JT built with kit parts (these are bad boards that are modded to repair the trace error):

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Balanced kit has two of the relay boards, and the control cable daisy chains to them. The standoffs supplied with the kits intend for the boards to stack, so one set of F-F, then one set of M-F for each relay board.

For scale, each of those relays is exactly 1cm long.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.