A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Just a quick update to say that the PCB's are finally out of customs, and will be here tomorrow.

I'll be ordering the Digikey parts today, and I already have a pair of transformers on their way.

I should have this all up and running shortly with some pictures of the goodies as then come in.

Cheers,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Boards arrived today!

They look excellent, and they were well worth the wait. I did end up having to pay tax, but luckily the service selected included the brokerage fee, which means UPS didn't tack on another $60 for that.

I'll get totals posted tomorrow, and I'll build my board up over the weekend. I should be accepting payments by Monday, and shipping out all next week.

Thanks again for everyone's patience, I know it has been a long road to here!

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• IMG_5633.JPG
    IMG_5633.JPG
    265.5 KB · Views: 597
looks great Owen!!, almost makes me wish I was using the PSU, dont chop the second board though, I have enough LT317/337 and LT1085/1033 to try them out before doing that. if I cant hear the difference i'll stick with the onboard supplies as they take up less room

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

With the boards and the DK order in hand, I finally know all the costs, so here's the final breakdown:

PCB: $20.00
DK Parts: $23.00

Shipping with Canada Post Lettermail:

Canada: $3.00 + 1.00 envelope = $4.00
USA: $4.00 + 1.00 envelope = $5.00
Australia: $7.00 + 1.00 envelope = $8.00

Other: Ask me and I'll check.

2 or more boards: Should be the same, but I'll double check the weight tonight.

All prices are in CAD dollars, and I would prefer payment in CAD since that way I won't lose money trying to convert from USD or AUD.

I'll be compiling and posting an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of who has paid, what has shipped, and any special instructions people want (such as cutting off the power supply section). If you want anything special done, please include it in the note section when payment is made.

Cheers,
Owen

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

With the boards and the DK order in hand, I finally know all the costs, so here's the final breakdown:

PCB: $20.00
DK Parts: $23.00

Shipping with Canada Post Lettermail:

Canada: $3.00 + 1.00 envelope = $4.00
USA: $4.00 + 1.00 envelope = $5.00
Australia: $7.00 + 1.00 envelope = $8.00

Other: Ask me and I'll check.

2 or more boards: Should be the same, but I'll double check the weight tonight.

All prices are in CAD dollars, and I would prefer payment in CAD since that way I won't lose money trying to convert from USD or AUD.

I'll be compiling and posting an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of who has paid, what has shipped, and any special instructions people want (such as cutting off the power supply section). If you want anything special done, please include it in the note section when payment is made.

Cheers,
Owen

Please shipping expenses to Spain - Europe?

Cheers
Felipe

hmm looking again at the BOM, I realize exactly how few of the smd parts I need without the power supply. maybe we can work something out? or should I just relinquish my SMD order and get the few pieces I need from mouser with my next order?

@ Pars, I may be convinced to let go of one of my boards, let me think on it, I just wish that these might be available again some day, because I do intend on going dual mono with the ackodac, but not for a while yet.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
No Problem...

Update the list and I'll make a note of it.

As for payments, I'm accepting Paypal but if you're in Canada, then Email money transfers are better since there are no fees.

Either way is owen.columbus at the gmail dot com.

Cheers,
Owen

Joined 2009
Paid Member
habsrock93 1
compressit 1
CeeVee 2
flocchini 1
RichLund 1
Greg Stewart 2
qusp 2
frozen wing 1
neb001 2
merlin el mago 1
lauret 1
igwt 1
DaveM 1
fitzfish 2
Yunick 1
DiyFan 1
Jacques Merde 2
dggs 1
NicMac 1
pierrequiroule 1
Slartibartfasst 1
tkwou 1
res07njc 1
jameshillj 1
ccliu 1
damohpi 1
stephen1212 2 (again)
THKL 1
Nikola Krivorov 1 (again)

Total 36 boards

SMD parts

merlin el mago 1 sets
Jacques Merde 2 sets
habsrock93 1 set
CeeVee 2 sets
RichLund 1 set
compressit 1 set
Greg Stewart 2 sets
tkwou 1
NicMac 1
frozen wing 1 set
yunick 1 set
dggs 1 set
flocchini 1 set
igwt 1 set
qusp 1 set plus extras?
neb001 2 sets
pidesd 1 set
DaveM 1 set
PierreQuiRoule 1 set
Slartibartfasst 1 set
res07njc 1 set
lauret 1 set
jameshillj 1 set
DiyFan 1 set
ccliu 1 set
fitzfish 2 sets
damohpi 1 set
stephen1212 2 (again)
THKL 1
Nikola Krivorov 1 set (again)

Total SMD parts 36 sets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.