A New Take on the Classic Pass Labs D1 with an ESS Dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Alright, so I'm going to assume THKL is taking Richlund's board, so Richlund has been removed from the list. Merlin - thanks for correcting the list, and for your ongoing maintenance of it.

For everyone:

PLEASE do not do what lauret just did above and say "sorry but I'm dropping out". I've mentioned on several occasions that once I placed the order for the boards and parts, that the list was final. I was serious about that.

I've got a lot of money floating on this right now, and the only way a group buy can work is if everyone is honest and stays committed to what they said they would buy.

Lauret:

If you need to drop out, then you need to find someone to take your place. Alternatively, you can buy the board and re-sell it in the for sale section. If you can do that quickly enough, I'll even ship it to the new address. Just dropping out is not alright at this point.

Thanks,
Owen

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Housekeeping

Alright... new list with many more payments. Thanks to those who have paid.

A few things to clear up:

I only had one spare set of the ohmite thin films, and Merlin asked for them first. I had 5 spare sets of FQA32N20C's and they are now all spoken for. If there's an X beside your name under the FETS column, then you've got a set of 4 fets.

There are no extra parts left, everything has been spoken for.

The FQA32N20C's are going to be $2.50 each, so for a set of four, it'll be $10.

The 400R thin film ohmite resistors are $6.00 each.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• Board Payments DAC 2.pdf
    27.7 KB · Views: 75

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the payment Yunick!

I'm taking the assembly option off the list, as I've been getting too many questions about it.

There is no assembly option offered for this board. It's DIY, and we all know what that means. Merlin and Pierre are the only exceptions since I had arranged it ahead of time with them. I'll contact you both about how we'll deal with it.

Sorry for the confusion, I just don't have time to hand assemble 10 boards.

Cheers,
Owen

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Alright... new list with many more payments. Thanks to those who have paid.

A few things to clear up:

I only had one spare set of the ohmite thin films, and Merlin asked for them first. I had 5 spare sets of FQA32N20C's and they are now all spoken for. If there's an X beside your name under the FETS column, then you've got a set of 4 fets.

There are no extra parts left, everything has been spoken for.

The FQA32N20C's are going to be $2.50 each, so for a set of four, it'll be $10.

The 400R thin film ohmite resistors are $6.00 each.

Cheers,
Owen

Hi Owen

For me a set of 4 FETs FQA32N20C's = 10$ CAD
Resistors set 4 ohmite 400 ohms = 24$ CAD
PCB 20$ CAD
SMD parts 23$ CAD
Shipping ???

Please let me know total amount with shipping expenses to Spain - Europe to do the Paypal payment?

Thanks for your support

Cheers

Last edited:
well you can have my second one if you like? I think dual mono is a way off and with opcs permission if it ever comes to that I may be able to get a batch PCB done just of the IV section and not the PSU? good chance knowing how this sounds, that there will be a second run of boards at some point now anyway especially since all the hard work is done. that is provided all this screwing around and people dropping out doesnt put opc off. which would be understandable. although I think we recovered from the dropoutrs pretty well. I can cover both of mine in the interim if needed so all is well

I will offer to do just SMD for people and only 5 boards. maybe even test the regulator section for people, but I do not want to dial the whole thing in and fully assemble. I simply dont have the time for that, but for me SMD soldering is a breeze, I prefer it actually, so can maybe help a few people out there. postage may be an issue though being here in OZ

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I will offer to do just SMD for people and only 5 boards. maybe even test the regulator section for people, but I do not want to dial the whole thing in and fully assemble. I simply dont have the time for that, but for me SMD soldering is a breeze, I prefer it actually, so can maybe help a few people out there. postage may be an issue though being here in OZ

People save money if instead Owen send the kits to the people send all kits to you, so the people only pay 1 shipping expenses more instead receive the boards from Owen (1 shipping expense) + send to you (2 shipping expenses) + you send to the people (3 shipping expenses)

It's only an idea.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

All is well on the board count... keep it at 37 boards.

I got a note from Lauret explaining his situation, and it looks like we're going to have to find a buyer for his board. If there's anyone waiting to get one, please let me know and I'll adjust the list accordingly.

Pars:

I think you were still waiting for a board, so now is your chance!

Cheers,
Owen

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

All is well on the board count... keep it at 37 boards.

I got a note from Lauret explaining his situation, and it looks like we're going to have to find a buyer for his board. If there's anyone waiting to get one, please let me know and I'll adjust the list accordingly.

Pars:

I think you were still waiting for a board, so now is your chance!

Cheers,
Owen

If you have problems to sell the pcb I or qusp will help you buying it.

I'm waiting to hear total amount to do the paypal payment....

Cheers
Felipe

owen, did you get my email mate? private not through the forum. its all good either way,

as you saw up there, if anyone wants it my second board is available. but I am not dropping out without it being covered, I will wait until tomorrow until opc and I clear the cost up and give someone a chance to buy that. at that point if nobody has picked it up, I will cover both of them and handle it from there.

correct sending all here would be the best solution, but i want to be clear, I do not want to be stuck bulding whole boards for people, I have barely enough time for my own these days, but we can work something out for the SMD soldering for some people. that is as far as my offer goes. I hope you understand. I sit at a solder station all day as it is for my work, any large amounts of extra soldering, I would prefer to be for my own enjoyment.

Last edited:

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Felipe,

I'll get you a price shortly. Can you let me know if you still want the Ohmite thin film R's? You said you were in for the fets but didn't mention the R's.

The reason I ask is that someone already paid for the R's accidentally without asking if I had them. For the sake of simplicity, I'd like to just give him the 4 that I have, but if you want them then I'll refund him the $24 and they're yours.

Thanks,
Owen

no no, I dont need a 3rd board, I think you misunderstood me somewhere Merlin.

also owen, I just noticed you have me down for 2 sets of SMDs, I never had myself marked down for 2 sets, I dont even really need 1 whoe set as i'm only populating the 1 IV board with no regs at this stage, no matter what happens with the extra PCB

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Felipe,

I'll get you a price shortly. Can you let me know if you still want the Ohmite thin film R's? You said you were in for the fets but didn't mention the R's.

The reason I ask is that someone already paid for the R's accidentally without asking if I had them. For the sake of simplicity, I'd like to just give him the 4 that I have, but if you want them then I'll refund him the $24 and they're yours.

Thanks,
Owen

Hi Owen

Yes I want it, resume I want:

Set of 4 FETs FQA32N20C's = 10$ CAD
Resistors set 4 ohmite 400 ohms = 24$ CAD
PCB 20$ CAD
SMD parts 23$ CAD
Shipping ???

Please let me know total amount with shipping expenses to Spain - Europe to do the Paypal payment?

Thanks for your support

Cheers

Felipe

P.S. If you have problems people don't buy the pcb let me know I help you buying someone.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi qusp,

Sorry, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just waiting for some of the dust to settle to clear up the more complicated requests.

I'll get you a total later on today, and we can figure out what to do with your second board.

Hang tight for now, and we'll get it all sorted out.

Cheers,
Owen

Hello Owen,

I would buy 1 board and 1 Set of the SMD Parts.
I know I am very late, but please try to help me.

If you have only a board and no SMD Parts for me it is ok, too.
I would pay it with PayPal, if you want.

Thank you for all.

Horst

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
no no, I dont need a 3rd board, I think you misunderstood me somewhere Merlin.

also owen, I just noticed you have me down for 2 sets of SMDs, I never had myself marked down for 2 sets, I dont even really need 1 whoe set as i'm only populating the 1 IV board with no regs at this stage, no matter what happens with the extra PCB

Sorry:eek: I misunderstood you.

no problem Merlin, its OK it will be sorted out one way or another.

no problem opc, sorry to hassle mate, I just wanted to make sure it was clear before I go to bed over here, its 2am. :whacko: so dont hurry on my behalf i'll catch up with you tomorrow when its settled down a bit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.