8th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, and anechoic FR. All that i trust.

dave

Hi Dave,
Can you get impedance response as well? For 2-way, I could get you a ball-park sim in a couple of hours tomorrow (Wednesday). Otherwise, for anything more elaborate or refined, I'd have to bring out the dedicated work station on wheels and run it on LspCad.

I'll be around home tomorrow, continuing the wiring on my tube amp. TerryO and I plan on leaving here Thursday morning, and hope to make it there by afternoon sometime.

Really looking forward to it. Debating bringing anything. I'll be headed to Ladysmith right after.

When is a good time to show up?

Tux,

IMO, the best time to show up is daylight. It seems that once I showed up some time after midnight (I guess) and as I tiptoed through the house, which was completely dark, I managed to step on Gregg the Geek's face where he was sleeping on the floor.

Gregg has said that he's forgiven me, although he insists on wearing a hockey mask the whole time I'm there. I think that his behavior seems a little excessive, especially since I no longer wear my spiked golf shoes indoors.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi Dave,
Can you get impedance response as well? For 2-way, I could get you a ball-park sim in a couple of hours tomorrow (Wednesday). Otherwise, for anything more elaborate or refined, I'd have to bring out the dedicated work station on wheels and run it on LspCad.

I'll be around home tomorrow, continuing the wiring on my tube amp. TerryO and I plan on leaving here Thursday morning, and hope to make it there by afternoon sometime.

Midbass info here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/markaudio/191122-chbw-70-gen-1-info-pdf.html

Tweeter here: http://p10hifi.net/planet10/CSS/CSS-ERT26-data-260310.pdf

Mark's data has been consistently similar to my measures (which just means he has T/S curves that are more horizontzl than most.Should be good for a 1st pass.

The shelf at the top of the midbass is what worries me.

dave

Tux,

IMO, the best time to show up is daylight. It seems that once I showed up some time after midnight (I guess) and as I tiptoed through the house, which was completely dark, I managed to step on Gregg the Geek's face where he was sleeping on the floor.

Gregg has said that he's forgiven me, although he insists on wearing a hockey mask the whole time I'm there. I think that his behavior seems a little excessive, especially since I no longer wear my spiked golf shoes indoors.

Best Regards,
TerryO

LOL! :D

I'll miss your shenanigans this year, Terry!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.