8th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Seemed a lot of people liked them. I liked them.

The new FF85WK (a pair Bud had snatched when Chris visited earlier in the year) in old FF85 uFonken excelled.

FE138eSR produced tremendous bass in FH3, but it has some fatal flaws that make it only useful for such. Biamped with the above FF85WK

EL70eN in Maeshowe, very good. A7.3 in Maeshowe. Updated air cavity (what for a new tread) and damping works well. Not right that either of these have as much bottom as they do.

DaveR's series 3-way is better yet this year (and it was already really goodO . I should be better next year (muhaahaaa)

Victor, Mar-Ken12T, dMar-Ken7 (boy is Jeff a thrilled camper, takng home a pair in bamboo), Mar-Kel70 CHP70.3 in microTower. piles & piles of speakers.

A Harmon-Karden 630 receiver from early 70s got lots of use.

Bernie's stands.

Cal's Jimmy Buffet Boom/Tool-Box (only plays Jimmy)

dave

The MTMs were awesome. I found it hard to make really fair comparisons as I wasn't too familiar with all the source material, short listening times, some were indoor and some were outdoor.

Here are my pictures: VI DIY FEST 2011 pictures by tuxedocivic - Photobucket

I thought I took more than that.

My favourite:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And an honourable mention goes to Cal for his boom box. Here's everyone hanging around it:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If anyone would like a full resolution copy of any of those, let me know.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Have you seen this truck...

From Ruth:

Blue with yellow steering wheel. Occasionally beeps. Last seen speeding down driveway.

Suspect may be hung over & singing to himself. Approach with caution.

attachment.php

Attachments

• stolen_truck.jpg
    stolen_truck.jpg
    722.8 KB · Views: 1,042
Joined 2006
Paid Member
From Ruth:

Blue with yellow steering wheel. Occasionally beeps. Last seen speeding down driveway.

Suspect may be hung over & singing to himself. Approach with caution.

attachment.php

Wellllllllll - I thought I just saw someone driving the little blue truck - but it's my neighbor's kid - he's 4 years old - and he's sober. Plus - it would take 'em a couple of days to make it all the way to Tennessee. :D

Hello All,

I had a great time yesterday. It was wonderful to hear some great music through some amazing speakers. The EL166 MTM really put some low muscle into some of the tracks that were played. After having heard the EL70(en) in several enclosures and faced with a killer deal from CSS I finally accepted my fate and bought a pair. I think my child-like enthusiasm smoothed things over with my lovely wife!

Thank you Cal and Scott for helping me with my mini-keg!

A major thanks to Dave and Ruth for hosting and to all those that brought food and goodies.

Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.