8th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2011

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here ya go Terry - a tin suit.

I wonder how much the guys would be willing to pay for you to NOT show up wearing this! :eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• TinWoman.jpg
    TinWoman.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 186
Hi,

In addition to bringing stuff to sell at a reasonable discount as well as some prizes (I think Ruth will be selling tickets) I've decided to bring a bunch of "sell to the highest bidder" paraphernalia which is cluttering up my warehouse space. So bring some spare cash and see what you can pick up.

Bob

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Only 10 more sleeps.

Here are some of the door prizes:

From Chris & myself:
1 pr bamboo dMar-Ken7 with Alpair7eN
some event T-shirts (if they don't all get bought 1st)

From Madisound:
1 pr Alpair10.2
1 pr CHR70.3
1 pr Aura NS3
1 pr Aura 5 1/4" green mid basses

And small items from us, Bernie, & Madisound:

A couple small wooden platforms to put gear on, terminals, spades...

Bob has some undisclosed.

And attendees often bring goodies that we don't find out about till the day.

dave

Dave,

DaveR and I are coming up Thursday afternoon unless there's a storm at sea and the boat founders. This year, we're coming across from "the-place-with-the-name-no-one-can-spell." If we could camp out at your place Thursday evening it would be appreciated, I'll help with the setting up on Thursday/Friday, but I was wondering if it would be possible that Dave could finish up soldering and test his new tube amp?

I'm trying to get a couple of things done, but I'm not sure where I'll be by next week.
:rolleyes:

Best Regards,
Terry

And the cops will never find it! :clown:

I'll never live that one down. I only hope that your memory is better than that Customs Agent.

I won't get into it too deeply now, but it has to do with an email sent to me by an old friend in Pt. Townsend that offered me a place to stay if it was getting late on my return trip. He mentioned that I should call him from town and he'd come and get me as his house was not easy to find with all the twists and turns and in fact, as he related, "The cops can't even find this place."

To keep this short, one of the Canadian Customs Agents found this E-mail in my car while they disassembled it looking for contraband. As it turned out, we spent some "quality time" discussing the ins and outs of interpreting written English.

This was only one very small part of that day's "cultural exchange", but you'll have to buy both volumes to get the complete story.

To be fair, they were only trying to do their job, and I often (finally) laugh about it.

Best Regards,
Terry

hope all have a great time...

... cause I'm stuck at home (again).

As always , a shortage of cash. The wife re-injured her back (the 4th time in 4 years!---she may be forced into retirement at 45), :crying: she even arranged to have the time off to go to the island this year.

If any want to webcam the listening sessions or live discussions ( audio or audio +video). perhaps I could participate at some level. The talk heard out there is as important as the projects presented.

A couple of interesting things going on: turntables as usual (Garrard Lab 60 and Dual 1214 projects started), improved "219" tonearm.

TerrryO: Did you get my email concerning the PNWAS digital system comments? Hope so. A completely valid option as long a someone can solder and follow instructions well. Nice thing is that the "Yamamoto inspired" DAC can be configured for USB, optical, coaxial S/DIF, etc. Non oversampling . In the same "spirit" as the Shiga clones.

When I finally get my :cuss: together, I'd like to visit before I die. Dave, got room for a granny shack up there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.