7"VGA Lilliput + 400w MH project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Front view (lens mounted for a test run but not fixed yed)

Attachments

• 2004-05-05 proyector 037b.jpg
    2004-05-05 proyector 037b.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3,164
HI Lesko,

thanks !

nice job!
I have a few questions...What about the heat, does the lcd stay cool?... is that 2 planes of glass befor the lcd? ... are you using tempered glass?

lesko

I´m using an Asbestos replacement wich aisle the heat really well. I must tweak a little the air convection (I must add some intake holes in the back side and assure outgoing air is not retrofitted (feedback). I´m using 2 pieces of normal 3mm glass. I need to add some UV filtering soon to protect the LCD.

What's the distance from the condencer lens to the lcd?

From condenser back to first fresnel the distance is 16cm.

Hi IEF !!

Thanks,

The hot air is exhausted from the top side. There is a 10cm x 10cm vent hole.
In the first photo on page 2 you can see the Light box fan have an air convection tunnel towards the top (aisled with asbestos because the air coming out is really hot. The Panel Box fan only have a metal tunnel (without asbestos) because the air is just warm.
it´s on a test period, it may require some redoing with a better design.

You can see the top air vents here...

Very nice setup.

What is the result with light in the room,can you post a picture.

Thanks, Thats are test pics because I´ve not received the First Surface mirror and I´venot fixed the lens.
I´ve to build the focusing system and I´dont know how to make it yet.
i´ll be posting definitive results with a FS mirror and a well focused projection, as soon as the mirror arrives.

Where did you buy your condensor lens.
I´m testing a normal Plano Convex lens from SurplusShed hoping it resist the heat from the lamp because is not tempered.
I run a search on Surpushed.com for PCX lenses within 50mm to 150mm diameter and 50mm to 150mm FL and just pick a 90mm Diam and 100mm FL lens.

I am very impressed with this projector. The build quality is amazing. It is the first lilliput PJ i have seen using a 400 w bulb. Makes a huge difference. Looks very bright and clear. Especially for not using a first surface mirror yet. I am sure that will make it look even better.
Great job. Post more screenshots when you get a chance please.
Take care.

Cordobes sos una maquina, te escribe un neuquino desde españa, te quedo muy bueno el proyector, es el mejor que he visto en la web. Felicitaciones.

Cordobes you are a machine, write to you a neuquino from Spain, Your projector is the best one than I have seen on the web. Congratulations.

FS Mirror arrived !!!!!

Great job. Post more screenshots when you get a chance please.
Thanks mccamp82 !!
I've taked some pics tonight with the FS mirror just arrived !

Cordobes sos una maquina...
Gracias compatriota !!! saludos desde aqui !!
Thanks. Regards.

do u mean that an HQI without UV filter can destroy LCD after some time of working?
I've read in some other threads on the forum that high wattage MH lamps generates too much UV light that an damage or alter the panel on long tie exposures. So, I'll need to get the filter soon.

The mirror has just arrived today. So, I put it on the projector but I'm afraid it is not aligned perfectly at 45°, just for a test run.
The lens is not fixed nor mounted yet on a focusing mechanism, so it's hard to get the image completely focused.

Attachments

• 2004-05-05 proyector 049b.jpg
    2004-05-05 proyector 049b.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,491
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.