• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6C33C-B. PP or SE ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi J, here is a link to their website. I think they are kind of slow getting back to you though. I've sent two emails in the last week and have not heard back from them. They might be on vaca or some such. There is a contact tab on their site. Cheers.

Polisois audio amplifiers and transformers

I emailed them, see if they can help me. Thanks for the link :)

Jase

I received two mails from mr. Ari Polisois in the past two days, my SC-SCC OPT was ready to be shipped. I guess they receive a lot of mail, or are not used to mailing as frequently as we do maybe.

From time to time when I send mails for parts for my Harley, I also get remarks like "you are the guy that always sends mails." but mailing for me is often more practical than calling.

So give Ari a little time, he wrote me that he was looking forward to receiving enquiries.

I received two mails from mr. Ari Polisois in the past two days, my SC-SCC OPT was ready to be shipped. I guess they receive a lot of mail, or are not used to mailing as frequently as we do maybe.

From time to time when I send mails for parts for my Harley, I also get remarks like "you are the guy that always sends mails." but mailing for me is often more practical than calling.

So give Ari a little time, he wrote me that he was looking forward to receiving enquiries.

would you mind sharing the prices you paid for your opts ?

It was nice to hear Midlife you are receiving your OPT you will soon start building your amplifier.

I think Ari may answer a lot of questions about their design, but do not give up Ari will answer your question.

I do not want you to get the wrong idea about me, I do not have any connection with Ari Polisis more than that I bought the OPT fore my amplifier these was number 5 Ari has produced and I think this design needs more attention.

Anders

I do not know how SCC is but according to Ari to be just a bit better, sonically it is in the same league as SC but the sound stage is bigger reminding you sitting in front of an orchestra when you are completely surrounded by music as SC does not persuade. It is easier to build with the SCC's OPT is smaller and lighter then both channels are on the same core, mine SC are huge.

I myself have not listened to an amplifier with SCC, but next time I have the economy I will try the SCC it is easy to switch between the OPT since it is the same circuit for both.

That SC version is not bad contrary it is damn good, I still smile every time I listen to music, others who have listened are smiling also it can not be bad then.

I think this is how future tube amplifier will be built as long as Ari has his patent on his circuit, these amps will be unusual, but then they will dominate.

To answer your question djn, go fore it!

Status in my rebuild:

I got my top plate back after I had it water cut now it's a lot of holes to be drilled and threaded then it's time to move everything over to the new chassis, I will see if I can borrow a camera so you can see how it looks.

Anders

@jleaman,

Here is a link to Ari's pricelist, as I ordered the SC-SCC OPT I paid 270.00 Euro's (this is a special OPT for both channels), I ordered the input tranformer without volume control, including freight I paid 345.00 Euro's for the lot.

Polisois audio amplifiers and transformers: designing and building audio amplifiers and output transformers

@Anders, I also feel the same about Ari as you do, I sent him the first mail I think 3 years ago and he was sympathetic from the first mail. What I like about Ari is that he is totally convinced about the sonic qualities of his OPT's.

So like you I feel that Ari and his unconventional idea's deserve support.
I hope to finish the amp in the fall, I have some unfinished chores left on my house and my Harley:D

And since I only ride a bike when it is nice weather, listening music can wait a bit. I am looking forward to building the amp though, I might start sooner;)

Hi dear K.A.B.!

Which circuit do you mean, Loftin-White?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hello Wavebourn,

I know that Ari's circuit is based on the Loftin-White it is not easy to explain when I have a different main language when trying to translate my thoughts, it might have been better that I had written "his part of the circuit," am I forgiven now ;).

@Anders, I also feel the same about Ari as you do, I sent him the first mail I think 3 years ago and he was sympathetic from the first mail. What I like about Ari is that he is totally convinced about the sonic qualities of his OPT's.

So like you I feel that Ari and his unconventional idea's deserve support.
I hope to finish the amp in the fall, I have some unfinished chores left on my house and my Harley:D

And since I only ride a bike when it is nice weather, listening music can wait a bit. I am looking forward to building the amp though, I might start sooner;)

@ Midlife
Houses takes a lot of time from other interests often it ends up in conflict, good weather, paint the house or ride the bike :D.

It's raining here now, perhaps it is time to start the soldering iron.

Anders

For me it is the Sailing season so every chance I get I am sailing the Great Lakes. That will end by the first of November. But, I tend to do a lot of thinking and planning while sailing and ordering parts in the summer as well. So when the weather sets in, I am ready to do a lot of building.

Hey y'all, A friend of mine owns a machine shop, and I was talking to him about this amp and he told me to give him the dimentions of the two chassis I need and he would make them out of what ever metal I wanted. So, what is the best metal for a chassis: steel or aluminum? Cheers.

Last edited:
Hey y'all, A friend of my owns a machine shop, and I was talking to him about this amp and he told me to give him the dimentions of the two chassis I need and he would make them out of what ever metal I wanted. So, what is the best metal for a chassis: steel or aluminum? Cheers.

Hi djn,

it depends on... ;)
F.E. I'm planning the top cover to do of brass, partly aging imitation. Front and sides will be wooden.

BTW: Wish you nice weather! :)
:cheers:

Hi guys,

Ari Polisois asked me to let you know that if someone has sent Ari mail about his OPT and not received a reply yet, to use the e-mail address below:
A2Belectronic@wanadoo.fr and to send a copy to ari.polisois@wanadoo.fr to make sure he gets it.

In the mean time he will check if your mails have not landed in his spam box.
Like Anders, I have no connection whatsoever with Ari, but he is such a nice guy, that you cannot help wanting to support him and his OPT's.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.