6000W By IRS2092

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cute thing

Mine 2KW using 4 X IRFP4227 in full bridge mode, single supply and common inductor. SWF=325KHZ. IR2110 used with buffered drivers from Zetex.;)

Attachments

• Image0051.jpg
    Image0051.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,781
Hi Workhorse

Looks great.
Where are the output mos? (don't see any through holes ...) .....
Do we get to see the other side of the PCB?

Why do you opt for full bridge? Seem to remember your last design shown here was a half bridge with +-200VDC PSU ...... so why the change in topology?

Kind regards Baldin ;)

Hi Baldin,

Cant you see 4 holes between output inductor and 2 black electrolytics?:D

I wanted to TRY my hands on fullbridge also i did it;)

The access to otherside of pcb is restricted:(

I will not talk about the layout as Eva gave great advice.

But something I don't understand. You mean that the people in your country prefers a cheap Chinese 2 steps class H at 40kg for 2x3000W 4ohm than a Lab.Gruppen FP13000+ or Powersoft K10 or MC2 E90 with so much more dynamic and reliability at merely 10kg ?
What you should had say is that people in your country has no money to afford current great high-efficiency amplifiers (and I don't talk only for Romania, everywhere is the same).

But if someone come in the market with a SMPS + Class D amp at 2x3000W RMS 2ohm at 10kg and with the same price than the current Chinese mammoths (and it's possible), people will start to buy class D ! no doubt about it...

You don't think so ?

Hello Mr.ArthurG

some romanian people in the audio domain are very interesting:
- they tend to think that they know everything and so they paralel speakers on outputs, place more caps in order to obtain more power and so on.
- they try to copy everithing they think that can be copied.
- they try to fix broken amps with lower quality components to make more profit.

so in this case a class D amp is off limits because of the PCB design, lack of know how, lack of 100Mhz scopes, lack of patience in learning and accepting that they may be wrong.

not all are the same. but the ones that realy do know what a SMPS and a Class D amp means rarely share info.

Regards,

I would tend to say that this and probably also most of your previous statement is valid globally, not just romania.

I do agree Mr. ChocoHolic,
Try to concider that I for example can afford to buy a SMPS or a class D amp, but I prefere to pay that money for an 100MHz scope, and components to fry while learning, in my case people like Eva, Luka, yourself and others help others to learn from their experience and know how, without having any benefit from it.
And with all of these there are more and more people asking for PCB designs, BOMs and so on. It's a waste that people like yourself and others are trying to help people understand and succeed in their projects and after all goes well they start selling that certain product.
Almost half the Class D amps and SMPSs out there made by small companies are "inspired" by discussions and working prototipes of people on this forum.

Best regards,

Savu Silviu

Hi Baldin,

Cant you see 4 holes between output inductor and 2 black electrolytics?:D

I wanted to TRY my hands on fullbridge also i did it;)

The access to otherside of pcb is restricted:(

With sweet things such as IRFB4227 being standard parts now, 200V full bridge can perform better than +/-200V half bridge. No need to care about body diodes as long as recovery di/dt and dv/dt are under control. I'm about to try 40A peak from four IRFB4227 (with a lot of effort put into layout and gate drive as usual), giving 3200W dynamic power (before supply sags) into 4 ohms. 36A (2600W) works fine.

With sweet things such as IRFB4227 being standard parts now, 200V full bridge can perform better than +/-200V half bridge. No need to care about body diodes as long as recovery di/dt and dv/dt are under control. I'm about to try 40A peak from four IRFB4227 (with a lot of effort put into layout and gate drive as usual), giving 3200W dynamic power (before supply sags) into 4 ohms. 36A (2600W) works fine.

Evita,
The only disadvantage of full-bridge amp is that you cant bridge 2 modules as in half bridge amplifiers.

Last edited:
I will not talk about the layout as Eva gave great advice.

But something I don't understand. You mean that the people in your country prefers a cheap Chinese 2 steps class H at 40kg for 2x3000W 4ohm than a Lab.Gruppen FP13000+ or Powersoft K10 or MC2 E90 with so much more dynamic and reliability at merely 10kg ?
What you should had say is that people in your country has no money to afford current great high-efficiency amplifiers (and I don't talk only for Romania, everywhere is the same).

But if someone come in the market with a SMPS + Class D amp at 2x3000W RMS 2ohm at 10kg and with the same price than the current Chinese mammoths (and it's possible), people will start to buy class D ! no doubt about it...

You don't think so ?
Mmm.., it is hard to say, but that's the fact. I'll just wanna help to make you understand somehow. In here (class-D forum) are much different than solid state forum someho. In here (class-D forum) are rarely people talking about the sound quality someh, but only power and efficiency. It is hard to say off course, they are listening, can't close their ears no matter how many advertising given to them. Chinese amps are just low price choice, and if they have more $, then they will buy another expensive non chinese class-H.
Sorry to saying like this here. But don't worry, class-D still sold :D

She is going insane, someone has need to told her daddy about this. :(

WorkHorse
Full bridge, 1 ground referenced leg (with filter of course!) will be bridgeable...That's what I do in my HVI series!

Yeah Grounded bridge is only topology which can be further bridged.

But how do you get rid of huge EMI created by the virtue of floating rails which are switching at 250khz and also the electrolytic filter cap connected between rails will also act as EMI inferno generator for sure.

Hi, onto aban,

Anda di Kudus, apakah di Polytron?

You being a moderator using non-english, why so???:D
Breaking rules is first rule of moderator here on the forum, isn't David;)

Just kidding:spin:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.