6000W By IRS2092

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mmm.., it is hard to say, but that's the fact. I'll just wanna help to make you understand somehow. In here (class-D forum) are much different than solid state forum someho. In here (class-D forum) are rarely people talking about the sound quality someh, but only power and efficiency. It is hard to say off course, they are listening, can't close their ears no matter how many advertising given to them. Chinese amps are just low price choice, and if they have more $, then they will buy another expensive non chinese class-H.
Sorry to saying like this here. But don't worry, class-D still sold :D

It seems your ears are plagued by Powersoft and its chinese copies of class-d amps which lack the heavy weight punch of linear amps:D

Hi, onto aban,

Anda di Kudus, apakah di Polytron?

Yes, I am now in Kudus.
No, not Polytron, nor Profotex, nor SMC, but starting new party. I'm not entering the market yet. I'm still 27, too early, we need to waiting this free global market take the effect 1st. For now, we just working privately for ourself, and indonesia only. Also a bunch of demand already make us impossible to enter the market.
I just now taking some rest and joining here, looking and sharing something useful.:D

It seems your ears are plagued by Powersoft and its chinese copies of class-d amps which lack the heavy weight punch of linear amps:D

Don't worry, I will not give my amp copy to chinese.:D but they did great anyway. Very fast starting beating here and there. Including my country.
My ears still OK. I am now living in a low noise place, far from engine noises and very quiet at night. Near the big mountain, I love it, it is not every audio designer has, some of them already need huge power to hear something, may be some inner sensor broken because of hearing very loud noise frequently, beware, your ears are precious, and loud noises may dangerous to them.
There an issue about 1.2Gigawatts out there, do not make amps like this, it is disaster.
Currently I am limiting all my amps to only 500watts, because the past I ever designed and built some 1KWatts rated, and some day I realized what happening to the neighbor of loud amp home playing, not using my amps, but I am thinking if that house just using one of my amp, then I have responsible of that neighbor disturbing amp.

Yeah Grounded bridge is only topology which can be further bridged.

But how do you get rid of huge EMI created by the virtue of floating rails which are switching at 250khz and also the electrolytic filter cap connected between rails will also act as EMI inferno generator for sure.

No worry, there are ways to do that if you prevent floating rails from high dv/dt.

Simple thinking exercise:
Take two full bridge amplifier channels with floating power supplies. Couple input signals with transformers to make them floating too. Join the - output of one channel with the + output of the other. Connect speaker to the other remaining + and - outputs.

Where is the high dv/dt problem? I don't see any, at least if carrier residual is clean without ringing or glitches.

Last edited:
Simple thinking exercise:
Take two full bridge amplifier channels with floating power supplies. Couple input signals with transformers to make them floating too. Join the - output of one channel with the + output of the other. Connect speaker to the other remaining + and - outputs.

Where is the high dv/dt problem? I don't see any, at least if carrier residual is clean without ringing or glitches.

:D:D:D:D:D
Now one has to use input transformers and for stereo setup 4 floating supplies are also needed :eek:

Well Fredos, is using one floating supply per channel by using grounded bridge topology............ :)

Last edited:
With sweet things such as IRFB4227 being standard parts now, 200V full bridge can perform better than +/-200V half bridge. No need to care about body diodes as long as recovery di/dt and dv/dt are under control. I'm about to try 40A peak from four IRFB4227 (with a lot of effort put into layout and gate drive as usual), giving 3200W dynamic power (before supply sags) into 4 ohms. 36A (2600W) works fine.

Eva, please stop. Do not ever think +/-200V rail amp. You may kill some engineer. It is already 100Vrms maximum allowed. That mean only +/-140V rail.

Last edited:
...I am wondering about the 100V rule...
I am aware of low voltage regulations, which allow max. 42V/AC or 60V/DC for touchable parts.
Even one newer SELV-specialty, which would allow up to 120V/DC for floating circuits but only one node touchable.
But, I never heard about 100V/AC allowed to touch - not in the UL-world and also not in the IEC-world. To which standardisation-world does Java belong?

No matter which safety standard you are refering to:
I am not aware of a general banning of amps with higher voltages, but IMHO it has to be ensured by construction that the speaker connectors and wires meet the requirements of reinforced isolation. The same with the speaker / speaker box, which will be used with such an amp. Last but not least, I would guess that also the touchable input side has to meet the requirements of reinforced isolation vs. the high voltage parts of the amp.

Means:
At high voltages one has to consider proper isolation systems - which is obviously not fullfilled by the traditional HiFi set up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.