45 SET amp Project

More info
I know we want full-wave tube rectifier circuit instead of Hybrid or solid state rectifier circuit with FET.
After a week of negotiation with Mr Fujita, he finally agrees to have full wave rectifier circuit with two chokes for this 45 project.

There are a lot of compromise to make this 45 tube project, including the designer and the parts suppliers.
Hashimoto will not modify their design to fit our design.
As a result, we cannot use Hashimoto PT for 230V setting.

Thank you Mr. Per Lundahl. He will design the PT for this project (115/230V)
For the OPT, I will offer two versions so you can pick your output transfomer.

Lundahl : the combination of LL3720/1663 (5K/8OHM). The combination of LL3720/1663 has a very good frequency response.
(From Lundahl : we are using a new winding structure to minimize destructive capacitive coupling between primary and secondary windings.
This results in an improved high-frequency response.)

Hashimoto : H-20-7U

more to come.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
More info
I know we want full-wave tube rectifier circuit instead of Hybrid or solid state rectifier circuit with FET.
After a week of negotiation with Mr Fujita, he finally agrees to have full wave rectifier circuit with two chokes for this 45 project.

There are a lot of compromise to make this 45 tube project, including the designer and the parts suppliers.

Lundahl : the combination of LL3720/1663 (5K/8OHM). The combination of LL3720/1663 has a very good frequency response.
(From Lundahl : we are using a new winding structure to minimize destructive capacitive coupling between primary and secondary windings.

more to come.....
Is it possible to offer with an option of using solid state rectifier as well?

More info

more to come.....
Thank you so much Victor for all your work to make this happen!

I don’t want to add more to your plate, but any thoughts on having an amorphous option for the Lundahl OT? Maybe Amorphous is not necessary or possibly even would be too much with the new Lundahl winding structure??

Reactions: 1 user
We received the sample HASHIMOTO trafos
We found that the creeping distance for 230V spec is not wide enough.
It has only 3-4mm. The standard requires 6mm
Therefore, this PT cannot be used in 220-240V environment.
To make it usable in 220-240V environment, the PT needs modification - HASHIMOTO needs to redesign the PT.
But they are not willing to make any change in their products.
In this case the 45 tube amp project will only offer 120V version..

If customers in 220-240V environment are willing to purchase, they must use step down transformer

This is the phototype to test all major components.. The production version is very attractive ...
Mr Fujita is working hard to design this 45 tube amp project

vkung said:

LL3720 is 6K
The low exchange rate allows us to use Hashimoto H20-7U

Victor, how did we go from H-20-7U to H-507S

size... H-507S is good enough for this appication..
sure but for those of us who plan to use the amp to drive a speaker top to bottom, would it not be better to have bandwidth headroom of the H-20-7U rated 25Hz - 70KHz +/- 2dB over the H-507S 45Hz - 90KHz +/- 3dB spec.?

If correct and H-507S were as much a price point decision as layout size is it unreasonable to suggest the chassis layout allow enough room to offer the option to use H-20-7U ?

sure but for those of us who plan to use the amp to drive a speaker top to bottom, would it not be better to have bandwidth headroom of the H-20-7U rated 25Hz - 70KHz +/- 2dB over the H-507S 45Hz - 90KHz +/- 3dB spec.?

If correct and H-507S were as much a price point decision as layout size is it unreasonable to suggest the chassis layout allow enough room to offer the option to use H-20-7U ?
This would be a deal breaker anything higher then 25Hz (<20Hz would be recommended). Will be monitoring on final parts list, as now I will be looking at DECWARE.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
H-20-7U has 30H/60mA -7k tap-
23H/70mA -5k tap-

H-507S has 20H/40mA -7k tap-
15H/50mA -5k tap-

LL3720/40mA has 56H inductance -6k-.

#45 (relatively high output impedance) is very sensitive to OPT primary inductance.
If inductance is lower, the LF bandwidth goes to sky.

After a lot of compromises for what I want for this 45 tube amp project to do, I also want to include what you want for this project (ie. tube rectifier not solid state rectifier, better OPT options). After 2-3 months of negoation, the project still cannot move forward. I also need to concentrate to deal with my health issue. I call off this project. It is sad but I have no alternative option. I hope in the near future I can bring this project alive. very very disapponited

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users