45 SET amp Project

I am working on a new 45/45B tube SET AMP project for 2023.​

1. output tube 45/2A3.. interchangable​

2. output transfomer PT and Choke -->Hashimoto​

3. output power 2W 45 tube​

4. Tube set 45 + 12AU7X 2 + 6CA4 / EZ81 X 2​

I need 30 -35 participants to start this project..I am excited to hear the magic of 45 tube SET amp.

I need your valuable feedbacks too.

We are planning to offer one version

premiun version (with Hashimoto H20-7U + Hashimoto Chokes X 2 + Hashimoto PT )

Full Music Balloon Mesh Plate - Gold Pin

Full Music Balloon Carbon - Gold pin

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I have questions:
Is Elekit or SV involved?
45 tube likes 5K OPT, 2A3 likes 3.5K, how do you plan to get around that without compromising one tube type?
Tube rectified?
Point to point wiring or PCB's?
Non-magnetic stainless steel chassis or Aluminium, Brass or Copper top plate / wood frame chassis?
Will the chassis be large enough to upgrade with premium caps?

Hi Victor!

very exciting news!

I have listened extensively to the 45 and I absolutely love it—the most engaging tube ever! However, I find myself drawn more to my TU–8900 with 2A3 and zero NFB. The best tube also needs the best circuit!

Now if Mr. Fujita worked the his magic on the 45…wow, that would be the ultimate single ended DHT amp!

My humble input:

At first I thought a 2A3/45 combination would be good. However, after more consideration, I agree with “mp9“. Using both tubes would result in a compromise in the output transformer. Many 45 tube enthusiasts may not like this.

As you already offer an outstanding 2A3 amp with the TU-8900 it may be best to stay with only the 45 tube and a 5K output transformer.

Only an 8 ohm secondary winding on the output transformer. Most interested in the ultra low power 45 will use very non-reactive and efficient 8 ohm or higher speakers and the lower output impedance winding is not necessary. Those with more reactive speakers would be better served with the outstanding TU-8900.

A single output tube type will also reduce the complexity and need for preassembled SMD
power modules. A small issue that I could live with, but I prefer not to have these.

Lastly, the amorphous transformer should be an option from the start!

With the above I am 100% ready to place a pre-order!

Thank you for your consideration.

Rob

Last edited:

Thank you for your imputs.​

In fact,we are in the planning stage.​

I want more inputs from you guy to plan/design this prefect 45 tube amp for us.​

I am more comfortable to use 45/45B , 45/VT-52 or 45 only with Hashimoto opt.​

At current exchange rate it is possible to use Hashimoto premiun opt.​

45 tube --> 2.5W​

45B tube --> 5.2W​

It seems that there is no new producton of VT-52.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those of us who owns the 8900, option to specialize the amp for just the 45 triode, without 2A3, in order to get better sound or price would be a nice option to have. The other item that can be adjusted is the spacing for RCA input can be wider. At least on the 8900, I cannot use my clamp style RCA connection because the spacing is too tight that the L & R wire would touch. If it has a headphone section, I wish the impedence selection can be done without opening the front panel.

Reactions: 1 user
Hashimoto OT with emissions lab 45 tubes are excellent choices!

In direct comparison to several NOS 45 tubes I find current production Emission Labs superior.

Hashimoto has a stellar reputation with the 45 tube and is an excellent choice, however I find the detail from Lundal AM transformers in my TU8900 riveting. Would be interesting to have a side-by-side comparison before finalizing.

i’m very excited to watch this develop! Thank you so much!

The current exchange rate allows us to use premiun Japanese opt
WE have decided to use ISO - FC-20S (Tango) 5K 35KHz - 80KHz . This amp will use 6ca4 / ez81 rectifier tube.
This amp possible includes two chokes. It is idea for headphone amp.

1. better headphone jack
2. easier to change headphone impedance
3. switch fbetween 45/45B tube
4. more space for volume pot..
5. ......

please send me more feedback to prefect this afforable 45/45B project...